Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Not Giving Proper Notice
beachgrl 04:06 AM 06-04-2012
Hey all, I finally got up to 3 full timers and one part timer (the pt I knew I would lose in Aug when school started because she would be starting school) and I just had the last ft start a couple weeks ago.

This is the text I got last night and I didn't see it until almost midnight because I had left my phone in the car: After this week _________ won't be coming I have really thought about this but (the sibling) will be home so.

Following is what the contract she signed says about terminating care:

Provider may terminate the contract at will without notice if I feel that continuing care would be detrimental to the other children, myself/business. New children are given a two week trial period during which time the parent or provider can terminate care without the three weeks notice. I do this to allow families to make sure the child care provider is a good fit as well as to make sure the child has time to adjust and is a good fit within the child care setting.

Parent/Guardian may terminate this contract with a three week written notice.
Please be advised that you will be charged the No Show Fee in addition to your scheduled daily rate until you notify me that your child will not be returning.

You are required to give three-week’s written notice when you decide to terminate childcare. Parent agrees that if three weeks written notice is not given to Provider prior to withdrawal of the child from World of Wonders, the final three weeks fees will still be payable to Provider.
Termination letters are accepted on Fridays only. Termination will not be accepted while provider or parents are on vacation or center is closed. The three weeks will be paid in full, upon receipt of notice, regardless of whether or not your child is in attendance. If it should be necessary to go to court over nonpayment of fees owed for services, client will be responsible for the following:

All fees owed to provider for care.
All late fees, incurring daily until the bill is paid.
Any court and attorney fees.

If payment is not received once care has been terminated, provider will proceed with collections on any remaining balance through collection agency or other measures as necessary.

I reserve the right to terminate due to noncompliance with the terms of the contract/daycare policies/parent handbook with three weeks’ notice. If provider terminates with notice, you will still be responsible for payment for the three weeks.

Do I text her back a short version just stating she needs to give the three week notice? I want to word it in a way that is professional and yet I don't want to not bring her for this week if she gets mad about it, but she did sign the contract and if she has "been thinking about it" then she had time to plan for the 3 week's notice.

:confused
Tags:2014, deposits, notice, termination, withdrawing from care
Up