Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Angered at a Former Client Today
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:22 AM 03-29-2010
ok, several years ago I got a family who had one boy,... "O". They were here about 18 mo, one month told me they were leaving at the end of the month so "O" could go to school. Right at 2 years. Well a year or later they call with baby number 2. newborn, "C". She stayed for 2 yrs and same thing, came in one morning and said it was their last month. etc etc,... so about 2 yrs ago I get a call,.. baby number 3. "N". he is here about a year,.. they come in one morning and say,.. he is going to school, its his last month,.. yadda yadda bla bla bla,... ok. Since the boy "O" left Ive done care for them on a drop in basis if they needed it. Never said no. Ive always had room,... Today she called,.. Hi! hows it going??? I would like to drop off the kids friday their school is closed,.. I said,.. Im sorry,... I am closed for good friday. Oh now Jill you are kidding me,.. I need you to keep the kids,... their school is closed what am I going to do??? I said,.. I dont know but Im closed and Im not keeping them. she is very upset,.. Well are you going to be able to keep them for me next week? I said,.. no Im closed for vacation. Its spring break. Sorry. She is so surprised, so upset and blaming me for her not having anyone to keep them. How am I going to work if I cant get you to keep them? I said,.. point blank,.. ALexandra,... I am on vacation the days you are asking about. I am notkeeping kids. I m sorry but I cant help you.... she expected me to cancel my plans and keep her kids. ugh!
AfterSchoolMom 09:38 AM 03-29-2010
Wow, people really are something else, aren't they? She just expects you to drop everything at the last minute and be at her complete beckon call? That's absolutely ridiculous, and I wouldn't worry about it even a little bit. It's certainly NOT your fault if she misses work because she waited until the last minute to secure childcare for the break! Puh-leaze.

This is an issue that I face often. I'm sorry you have to deal with it too.
momma2girls 09:42 AM 03-29-2010
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
ok, several years ago I got a family who had one boy,... "O". They were here about 18 mo, one month told me they were leaving at the end of the month so "O" could go to school. Right at 2 years. Well a year or later they call with baby number 2. newborn, "C". She stayed for 2 yrs and same thing, came in one morning and said it was their last month. etc etc,... so about 2 yrs ago I get a call,.. baby number 3. "N". he is here about a year,.. they come in one morning and say,.. he is going to school, its his last month,.. yadda yadda bla bla bla,... ok. Since the boy "O" left Ive done care for them on a drop in basis if they needed it. Never said no. Ive always had room,... Today she called,.. Hi! hows it going??? I would like to drop off the kids friday their school is closed,.. I said,.. Im sorry,... I am closed for good friday. Oh now Jill you are kidding me,.. I need you to keep the kids,... their school is closed what am I going to do??? I said,.. I dont know but Im closed and Im not keeping them. she is very upset,.. Well are you going to be able to keep them for me next week? I said,.. no Im closed for vacation. Its spring break. Sorry. She is so surprised, so upset and blaming me for her not having anyone to keep them. How am I going to work if I cant get you to keep them? I said,.. point blank,.. ALexandra,... I am on vacation the days you are asking about. I am notkeeping kids. I m sorry but I cant help you.... she expected me to cancel my plans and keep her kids. ugh!
WOW!! THe nerve of some parents!!! ALways stick to you guns on everything!!!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:45 AM 03-29-2010
thanks afterschool,... I feel very confident in my decision,.. they are a different kind of client. They are from another country and the way they think is a bit,... different. I just cant believe she expected me to cancel my plans for her, lol

Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
Wow, people really are something else, aren't they? She just expects you to drop everything at the last minute and be at her complete beckon call? That's absolutely ridiculous, and I wouldn't worry about it even a little bit. It's certainly NOT your fault if she misses work because she waited until the last minute to secure childcare for the break! Puh-leaze.

This is an issue that I face often. I'm sorry you have to deal with it too.

mrs.meg 10:05 AM 03-29-2010
It amazes me how people think that you work for them or something! I think that they family I keep, mom thinks she is my boss and tries to tell me what to do. She will say she is coming at 9am and come at 10am and sometimes she will tell me she is bringing him at 12:30pm and she will call me at 10am and say she is on her way. Once I was at the store and she was so mad. She thinks that I should stay at home from 6:30am to 5pm in case she wants to bring him. Sorry $15/day is not worth that!!!!!!! If she wants me to be on call, she needs to pay extra! It would be different if I kept more kids and was running a daycare, but at the present time, I just keep afterschool kids and just her son during the day. Some people think they are entitled to everything!
momofboys 10:18 AM 03-29-2010
Wow, she sure does not plan ahead, does she? Good Friday is this week & she had not checked into back-up care yet? Good grief! Does she not do drop-in much with you? You'd think she would have asked you MONTHS ago, not a few days beforehand! Don't worry about it though, I hope you have a wonderful break! The nerve of some people amazes me. Her lack of planning in advance is supposed to be your problem. Ridiculous!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 10:29 AM 03-29-2010
no Ive not spoken with her since last feb,.. like 2009.
momofboys 10:42 AM 03-29-2010
no Ive not spoken with her since last feb,.. like 2009.
Wow! Incredible!
Tags:former client
Reply Up