Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does No One Use The Decor Group Anymore Or What's The Deal?
iheartkids 11:13 AM 11-27-2012
Just wondering if its a closed group or if anyone can join?
Blackcat31 11:23 AM 11-27-2012
Anyone can join. Are you a member or would you like an invite?

As far as anyone not using it anymore, I think some members were concerned with the privacy of the group. Although it requires an invite to join, it didn't really offer any other form of privacy. I don't know for sure though...
countrymom 11:29 AM 11-27-2012
my only concern was (because I'm in a small town) was that people with a couple of posts were asking to join or that newly joined wanted to see our spaces. Its not hard to take our pictures and put them somewhere on the net. And there are so many sites out there to see what other daycares look like, trust me, there are a gazillion.
Blackcat31 11:33 AM 11-27-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
my only concern was (because I'm in a small town) was that people with a couple of posts were asking to join or that newly joined wanted to see our spaces. Its not hard to take our pictures and put them somewhere on the net. And there are so many sites out there to see what other daycares look like, trust me, there are a gazillion.
I agree cm. I think it would be a good idea to start a group (which you can do...any one can) and don't allow invites or people to join until they have established a reputation on the board.
countrymom 11:38 AM 11-27-2012
ops I wanted to add that, how come only a few people have put pics up, none of the new people who wanted to see the group have ever put pics up. kwim. (I belong to another group where this is starting to become a common thing)
Thetotspot 11:47 AM 11-27-2012
Ive been trying for weeks to upload pics but i try to upload into my albums and the site just stalls. They are within limit i believe. Ive tried from my home computer and from phone here at dqycare. Nothing. I was going to bring them on an external photo sharing website and just link but i dont like that idea much. I dont have an amzing daycare yet as it is just opened but i have been so excited over some recent changes i really wanted to show them. I was also hoping for some inputs. So...how do you all share? Uploading into your album on site and then linking to those? Or are you linking to facebook or other external sites? I tried to link to facebook photos but since they updated ot to make picture pop up and float instead of open in a new window...copying the web site on the top bar didnt work. I guess i should have tried right clicking to find a source link. Anyways. Thats why for me. Lol.
iheartkids 09:10 PM 11-27-2012
Thank you
melilley 10:01 AM 11-28-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
ops I wanted to add that, how come only a few people have put pics up, none of the new people who wanted to see the group have ever put pics up. kwim. (I belong to another group where this is starting to become a common thing)
I just joined the decor group. I am guilty, I have not put any pics up yet...lol I haven't taken any pictures of my space yet, I am still working on it, but will post them when I'm done! I'm trying to figure out how to separate different areas. My play area is my 13 X 17 family room and I am running out of room!
Reply Up