Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Feel Like Im Charging For Every Second I Work....
Auntie'sHouse 08:11 AM 01-25-2013
i have a dcg before and after care $30 daily i drop off and pick up. now theres early release day for the county due to weather. i charge $40 for 10 hrs. shes already here from 6am til 8:45 then 3pm til 4:30. now ill have her for 3 xtra hours. should i charge my drop in rate of $5hr?
SilverSabre25 08:52 AM 01-25-2013
Honestly, I wouldn't. I would feel that the extra care comes part and parcel with the act of doing b/a care. Unless you have something prearranged in your contract for it, I wouldn't.

Then, update your contract to reflect what you would prefer.
daycarediva 09:02 AM 01-25-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Honestly, I wouldn't. I would feel that the extra care comes part and parcel with the act of doing b/a care. Unless you have something prearranged in your contract for it, I wouldn't.

Then, update your contract to reflect what you would prefer.
I agree.

I charge a $5 fee for 1/2 days of school (lunch, essentially) and once I explained to parents that kids come in from a half day right as we are eating and I have to push nap later to get the littles settled/big kids quiet after lunch they were understanding.

I also charge for days off from school, just the difference between b/a care and full day care.
Play Care 09:26 AM 01-25-2013
Originally Posted by Auntie'sHouse:
i have a dcg before and after care $30 daily i drop off and pick up. now theres early release day for the county due to weather. i charge $40 for 10 hrs. shes already here from 6am til 8:45 then 3pm til 4:30. now ill have her for 3 xtra hours. should i charge my drop in rate of $5hr?
I do get paid $5 per hour when they have early release days on top of what I am making for the b/a service. But this is clearly stated in my contract.
itlw8 09:31 AM 01-25-2013
I bump mine up to the higher p/t rate but not the highest drop in hourly rate.

Though an early release would only be 2 more hours here so I would do the hourly because it would be less cost for them.
Auntie'sHouse 12:59 PM 01-25-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I agree.

I charge a $5 fee for 1/2 days of school (lunch, essentially) and once I explained to parents that kids come in from a half day right as we are eating and I have to push nap later to get the littles settled/big kids quiet after lunch they were understanding.

I also charge for days off from school, just the difference between b/a care and full day care.
After much thought...ive decided to charge an additional $10 to the original $30 flat rate because i find that not only do i not work for free but parents already take advantage of my kindness. if i do it for free once then itll be expected every time. everything but early release days was in my contract. thanks for your help though.
Auntie'sHouse 01:00 PM 01-25-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I do get paid $5 per hour when they have early release days on top of what I am making for the b/a service. But this is clearly stated in my contract.
Thanks....now its stated in my contract as well
Reply Up