Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Restroom Use
Unregistered 06:41 PM 06-09-2013
hello! I wanted to see if anyone knew if it was against rules to let kids use the restroom that was located inside the kitchen area. there is a door and a direct route to it but i am still concerned.
Thank you!
LaLa1923 06:43 PM 06-09-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
hello! I wanted to see if anyone knew if it was against rules to let kids use the restroom that was located inside the kitchen area. there is a door and a direct route to it but i am still concerned.
Thank you!

I think it would depend on your regulations but it would be ok here in MD. Your not going to the bathroom IN the kitchen..KWIM?
Unregistered 06:50 PM 06-09-2013
Hello!
My concern is the worker was told to let them go one at a time if needed, but the worker is in another room and the kid could wonder around in the kitchen, it's a commercial school type kitchen not a home one. it just makes me nervous...we have signs up that no one except for kitchen people are allowed behind serving lines and then they go and do this.
Thank you again for your help!
LaLa1923 07:11 PM 06-09-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hello!
My concern is the worker was told to let them go one at a time if needed, but the worker is in another room and the kid could wonder around in the kitchen, it's a commercial school type kitchen not a home one. it just makes me nervous...we have signs up that no one except for kitchen people are allowed behind serving lines and then they go and do this.
Thank you again for your help!
Then I would not allow this, regardless of what the regulations say..
Blackcat31 06:58 AM 06-10-2013
Depends on the age of the child. If the child is old enough to know and follow the rules, going through the kitchen to get to the bathroom for use would not be inappropriate.

If the child was really young, then it wouldn't be acceptable

If we are outside playing and one of my older kids needs to use the restroom, I let them go inside on their own. They would walk through, not only the kitchen but two other areas/rooms of my child care to get there.
Tags:toilet policy
Reply Up