Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kids Exercise Videos?
daycarediva 09:04 AM 11-12-2013
Anyone use anything that they would recommend?

With winter weather coming up fast, I wanted to add something physical to our day aside from music/dance time since we will be losing some of our outdoor play due to weather.

The kids are BIG into exercise as they hear my dh and I talking about it, one of my dcms does triathalons and marathons, another is a zumba instructor as a second job and one of my dcds is a personal trainer so I KNOW the parents would love that extra positive reinforcement about healthy physical activity.

Right now we do jumping jacks for the # of the day (12 jumping jacks today!), not sure if I could include 12 sit ups, 12 burpees, 12 pushups? or if they would like a video. Maybe even kids yoga and we could get our mats out and do it together?
kendallina 09:39 AM 11-12-2013
On our dvr there are some exercise shows, one had kids but I cannot remember what it was called. We also have yoga cards (http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Pretzels-...rds=yoga+cards). And the kids love those! I have recorded them doing exercises before and used that as our exercise video.

ETA: My dd loves doing the zumba videos with me.
spinnymarie 12:32 PM 11-12-2013
I've been thinking of something similar I'll keep you posted if I find anything good! Right now we are doing a 'Count to 100' you tube video which is fun, but we need more more more!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4rhzjD5ohw
daycarediva 06:42 PM 11-13-2013
I am trying Yoga Motion on amazon tomorrow (instant video 1.99 to rent). The other dance dvds have mixed reviews. I'll let you know how it goes.
MarinaVanessa 08:33 PM 11-13-2013
We use a yoga video that the kids love. They ask for it. Even though it's exercise I love using it indoors because it involves slow movements and breathing so it's calming. It's the Junior Yoga by Annette Lefterow.

http://www.amazon.com/Junior-Yoga-An.../dp/B00119Y3Q6
Unregistered 01:53 PM 08-24-2016
We use fruit and veggie beanbags that kids live to throw in a Cornhole game. Perfect for rainy day indoor exercise. You can find them for 19.99 each set on eBay (seller: 2bearz) and these are considerably less expensive than other sites.These are a HUGE hit with the kids.
Unregistered 01:55 PM 08-24-2016
Actually just checked and the fruit and veggie bean bags are on sale for $14.99!!! That's like $10 off right now.wow!!
Missjaime 05:09 PM 08-24-2016
GoNoodle. So much fun and its free. There are kids yoga videos and lots of other fun activities. It's kind of geared for elementary schools, but I have been able to find lots and lots of fun stuff for my preschoolers.
NeedaVaca 05:47 PM 08-24-2016
Cosmic Kids Yoga- Free and on You Tube
MunchkinWrangler 07:58 PM 08-24-2016
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
Cosmic Kids Yoga- Free and on You Tube
I second this! YouTube is a great source for kids yoga and dance videos. I have used these and others many times on cold winter days or rainy days. The kids love it! It even gets the toddlers involved!
MissAnn 04:15 AM 08-25-2016
Yes! Cosmic Kids Yoga!
TXhomedaycare 12:24 PM 08-25-2016
Originally Posted by Missjaime:
GoNoodle. So much fun and its free. There are kids yoga videos and lots of other fun activities. It's kind of geared for elementary schools, but I have been able to find lots and lots of fun stuff for my preschoolers.
I use go noodle too and the kids love it. I also put on Just Dance videos from youtube and the kids love dancing to it.
Luke25 06:11 AM 08-26-2016
Patty Shukla is awesome! She has several videos on YouTube and you can also order her DVDs. My kids love her songs!
Tags:exercise, exercise - kids
Reply Up