Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Happy April Fools day!
PitterPatter 03:15 AM 04-01-2011
I hope everyone has a great day and don't forget to prank your loved ones!
E Daycare 03:56 AM 04-01-2011
I live out of state so I updated my fb status to say "3 day weekend and heading home, anyone have plans?". Figure it's believable lol. A few years ago I updated it with a pic of a ultra sound ( this was a year or so before I got pregnant with my son) and everyone flipped out and were like "about time!". I learned to not do that again as people from all over were callin me.

Two years ago when I was really pregnant I said "packing go move to the warm west coast in 2 weeks!" all our families live in western NY so once again I learned not to pull that chain as I ticked some people off then too.
dEHmom 04:08 AM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by E Daycare:
I live out of state so I updated my fb status to say "3 day weekend and heading home, anyone have plans?". Figure it's believable lol. A few years ago I updated it with a pic of a ultra sound ( this was a year or so before I got pregnant with my son) and everyone flipped out and were like "about time!". I learned to not do that again as people from all over were callin me.

Two years ago when I was really pregnant I said "packing go move to the warm west coast in 2 weeks!" all our families live in western NY so once again I learned not to pull that chain as I ticked some people off then too.
haha that's great!

One year, when I was working in a call center, I took a screen shot of the supervisors desktop, with her tabs open and all. She sat there for hours, and had to call tec because she couldn't open anything. It was enjoyable to watch! she wasn't a nice person either. No one ever fessed up to it.

I've played so many april fools, I cannot for the life of me remember them, maybe i just need to get the coffee in me first. But I like to do the jokes at midnight on march 31st, that way there people don't realize what day it is.
Danielle 07:04 AM 04-01-2011
No jokes planned for today. 3 years ago I fooled my husband into believing I was pregnant (my son was 5 months at the time). The joke turned on me when I got pregnant a few months later with an April 1st due date. My daughter was born on her due date!. So...celebrating my daughter's 2nd birthday today.
SilverSabre25 07:08 AM 04-01-2011
eh, I don't do April Fool's jokes. Some year though I want to make silly food though--like cupcakes that are actually meatloaf and meatloaf that's actually cake. Maybe next year when most of my dcks will be old enough to actually "get" it.
PitterPatter 09:41 AM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
haha that's great!

One year, when I was working in a call center, I took a screen shot of the supervisors desktop, with her tabs open and all. She sat there for hours, and had to call tec because she couldn't open anything. It was enjoyable to watch! she wasn't a nice person either. No one ever fessed up to it.

I've played so many april fools, I cannot for the life of me remember them, maybe i just need to get the coffee in me first. But I like to do the jokes at midnight on march 31st, that way there people don't realize what day it is.
That rocks!!!! LOL!
PitterPatter 09:54 AM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
eh, I don't do April Fool's jokes. Some year though I want to make silly food though--like cupcakes that are actually meatloaf and meatloaf that's actually cake. Maybe next year when most of my dcks will be old enough to actually "get" it.
I pull a few pranks each year not many. The best prank I pulled was on my DH at the time. I taped the spray nozzle down so when he turned the water on he got sprayed. Made him super mad and he called me a name uh huh ok, so later I also sprayed the toilet seat with a water mist bottle just before he was to use the restroom, he went in I heard squeek THUD %#%@(! LMBO!!! He slid off and hit the wall! Call me something else!

I usually tell the new good natured daycare clients I am closing in a month and here is your written notice. They freak out "oh no u cant do that ___loves it here" Then when they open the paper it says April Fools!

A couple yrs ago I decided to try something new and I opened the door to greet my parent at drop off in a bath robe (I had over my clothing). I peeked through the door and said "oh didnt u get my text last night? daycare has to close today". Thinking I would fling open my robe and say April fools but the joke was on me when she gave me a nasty look, pushed the door open and shoved her 2 yr old past me and said "well tuff i didnt get a text so he's coming today" She always was a holier than thou witch.

Today I got my poor kid bad! It was snowing hard we could see through the window at breakfast. I said did u see how many inches we got? He said no with a gleam of hope in his eye. I said yep scholl may be closed! He jumped up and down and I had to say April Fools. He stopped in his tracks and stared at me blankly and said not funny Mom not funny at all and sat down to finish his eggs lol bad mommy!
Cat Herder 10:15 AM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by Danielle:
So...celebrating my daughter's 2nd birthday today.
Celebrating my DS's 12th!!!!

Then heading out of state for the next 8 days!!!!! Whoot!!!

ETA: I did also dip all the DCK's feet in green food dye/water, patted them dry, and put their socks back on. I then made a little notation about watching for signs of foot fungus on their daily sheets.... (No flaming....my DCP' "get me" and will be watching for something jumping out at them when they get out of their cars today )

Last year was sport team temporary tattoos with the opposite teams from the ones emblazoned all over their car tags and bumper stickers.....
MG&Lsmom 10:25 AM 04-01-2011
I'm a bad liar so I can never pull off April Fool's jokes. I did decide to be funny and made silly faces with lunch. Spaghetti makes really cool hair and meatball eyes are creepy.
PitterPatter 10:35 AM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Celebrating my DS's 12th!!!!

Then heading out of state for the next 8 days!!!!! Whoot!!!

ETA: I did also dip all the DCK's feet in green food dye/water, patted them dry, and put their socks back on. I then made a little notation about watching for signs of foot fungus on their daily sheets.... (No flaming....my DCP' "get me" and will be watching for something jumping out at them when they get out of their cars today )

Last year was sport team temporary tattoos with the opposite teams from the ones emblazoned all over their car tags and bumper stickers.....
Wow 2 Bdays today! Hope they are great ones!
wdmmom 10:46 AM 04-01-2011
[quote=Tygerluv;99850]I pull a few pranks each year not many. The best prank I pulled was on my DH at the time. I taped the spray nozzle down so when he turned the water on he got sprayed. Made him super mad and he called me a name uh huh ok, so later I also sprayed the toilet seat with a water mist bottle just before he was to use the restroom, he went in I heard squeek THUD %#%@(! LMBO!!! He slid off and hit the wall! Call me something else!

My ex-husband kept telling me that I needed to wash the dishes one year. My sister offered to dry so I was quick to jump...help...yay, I'll take it. What I got was a wet crotch and belly! My husband rubber banded the spray nozzle! He got me good...

The next year I was talking to him while he was in the restroom. I came in with the camcorder and I threatened YouTube.

I never had that problem again!

I won't pull a prank on my current husband but I did post an ultrasound pic on my Facebook page. Some people are so easily fooled! I've probably had 15 people tell me Congratulations! LOL
Abigail 09:37 PM 04-02-2011
No jokes planned for today. 3 years ago I fooled my husband into believing I was pregnant (my son was 5 months at the time). The joke turned on me when I got pregnant a few months later with an April 1st due date. My daughter was born on her due date!. So...celebrating my daughter's 2nd birthday today.
What a wonderful story you have to tell for years!

I wish I knew about the fake ultra sound, everyone in my family is waiting to hear when I'll be a mom since i got married six months ago and am the last person in my family to have kids. My parents already have 6 grandkids, geesh, lol.

My neighbor did the ultra sound image on FB and got 17+ responses on congrats before someone said it is April First. That would have been wonderful for me to do because I had to work all day and didn't think of going online before I went into work. Oh well, maybe next year.
Candyland 10:01 PM 04-02-2011
WOW; that's hilarious!
Hopey your little one enjoyed her birthday!
Reply Up