Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Adding Too Much?
MNMum 08:25 PM 09-24-2012
I have a great group of kids right now. I had a call about a PT infant after Januray. I would be within ratio, but wonder if I would be crazy to accept. I know this is a personal choice, but give me your thoughts on this.

Here is my current group:

3 SA(2 my own) before school
12 mo, 20 mo, 3 yr, 4 yr and 3 mo (one afternoon per week)

In March I'll add a new baby sibling, and PT child will go FT, then my group will look like this:

3 SA before school
6 mo, 18 mo, 2 yr, 2 yr, 3 yr, 4 yr, 9 mo (one afternoon per week)

I've had a call about a PT infant, would I be crazy to accept. Here's what those days would look like:

3 SA before school
5 mo, 6 mo, 2 yr, 2 yr, 3 yr, 4 yr (because 18 mo would be opposite days)

Give me your thoughts!
DaisyMamma 03:52 AM 09-25-2012
I would try it on a trial basis and see how it goes.
cheerfuldom 06:38 AM 09-25-2012
I personally would not take that many children under one years old. Even if two are part time, you will be doing more and more for the babies and less and less for the bigger kids. With the added part time infant, there is a possibility that some days you would have 4 under 2 years old.....that seems like too much to me. Unless you knew for sure that you could work out schedules where they were there on alternating days, not all the babies at one time.
MNMum 10:59 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I personally would not take that many children under one years old. Even if two are part time, you will be doing more and more for the babies and less and less for the bigger kids. With the added part time infant, there is a possibility that some days you would have 4 under 2 years old.....that seems like too much to me. Unless you knew for sure that you could work out schedules where they were there on alternating days, not all the babies at one time.
I didn't explain myself very well. I would never have more than 2 kids under 2 yrs (except one afternoon for 3 hours, I would have 6 mo, 9 mo, 18 mo - during naptime and for 1 hour after.) The 5 mo and 18 mo have alternating days, so would never be here together. 4 kids under 2 would make me illegal - and crazy I'm sure!
Reply Up