Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hate Payday Problems
lovemykidstoo 11:27 AM 11-08-2012
Luckily, my payday problems are few and far between, but I had one today that pissed me off. Now, most of you probably dont' know that my husband lost his job back in March, so money is tight. I have one family that is always responsible and pays on time no problem. Now yesterday was their last day for the week and they should have paid. I was doing recipts today and I noticed I didn't have their check. I thought maybe they set it somewhere without telling me and I couldn't find it. I texted her to see if that was the case and she texted back that no, she didn't leave one, they'll bring it on Monday. Are you frickin kidding me? WOW!!
Abigail 11:37 AM 11-08-2012
You should text back the policy and say payment is due today.
itlw8 11:37 AM 11-08-2012
so you then texted her back and said sorry that won't work for me. Please bring it by today before 5

right??
cheerfuldom 11:41 AM 11-08-2012
yes, make her come and give it today, no excuses. she's not new, she knows the policy. i would be ticked that she just went ahead and did her own thing, did not even ask or apologize.
lovemykidstoo 11:42 AM 11-08-2012
Originally Posted by itlw8:
so you then texted her back and said sorry that won't work for me. Please bring it by today before 5

right??
Oh yes. I just couldn't believe the nerve. What do people think? I would like to say when they come to the door, oh I can't watch your chid today, but Monday I can.
littlemissmuffet 11:43 AM 11-08-2012
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Luckily, my payday problems are few and far between, but I had one today that pissed me off. Now, most of you probably dont' know that my husband lost his job back in March, so money is tight. I have one family that is always responsible and pays on time no problem. Now yesterday was their last day for the week and they should have paid. I was doing recipts today and I noticed I didn't have their check. I thought maybe they set it somewhere without telling me and I couldn't find it. I texted her to see if that was the case and she texted back that no, she didn't leave one, they'll bring it on Monday. Are you frickin kidding me? WOW!!
I would simply text back "Sorry Jane, I require that all payments are made on the last business day a child is in attendence, your fee was due yesterday. I'll give you until 8am tomorrow morning to swing by. See you then."
If she doesn't bring it charge her a late fee for yesterday, today, tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday (for me, that would be an extra $125 in my pocket).

I hardly even have payment issues either... but one of my BEST DCPs came in last pay day and say "Oh I could only take out $***, I'll bring the rest tomorrow." And almost walked out the door. I told him he'd have to go and get the wife's card to take out the rest from her account to make up the difference. All he said was "Ok" and he was back within the hour with the rest of my money.
None of these parents would put up their bosses paying them a day or more late - WHY SHOULD WE???
lovemykidstoo 11:46 AM 11-08-2012
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
I would simply text back "Sorry Jane, I require that all payments are made on the last business day a child is in attendence, your fee was due yesterday. I'll give you until 8am tomorrow morning to swing by. See you then."
If she doesn't bring it charge her a late fee for yesterday, today, tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday (for me, that would be an extra $125 in my pocket).

I hardly even have payment issues either... but one of my BEST DCPs came in last pay day and say "Oh I could only take out $***, I'll bring the rest tomorrow." And almost walked out the door. I told him he'd have to go and get the wife's card to take out the rest from her account to make up the difference. All he said was "Ok" and he was back within the hour with the rest of my money.
None of these parents would put up their bosses paying them a day or more late - WHY SHOULD WE???

this is what I don't understand. In what world do they think that this is okay? Especially when they KNOW that my husband is not working. Just blows me away and pisses me off beyond belief.
Blackcat31 11:50 AM 11-08-2012
I have this posted by my door on the parent bulletin board. I also attach it to any invoice, that needs to go to a family that I feel may be geraing up to ask about paying late or anyone who might have issues with timely payments.

"ALL payments are due IN FULL on or before Friday for the upcoming week(s).

If you forget, lose your checkbook, run out of check blanks, forget to go to the bank or transfer funds that do not post to my account by Friday afternoon, payment will be considered late and a $10 per calendar day charge will be added.

I cannot and will not waive or delete late fees. Late fees are due IN FULL before additional services are provided.

I understand that things happen in life that throw us off schedule but child care is my job and I expect a paycheck on time like anyone else."

Reply Up