Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone On Here Live "Out In The Country"?
iheartkids 10:53 AM 11-26-2012
My husband's dream plans are to find a little piece if land outside of town and build a house. For my families sake I would love that too but I worry about continuing daycare then. I was wondering if there were other providers who do live outside of your towns and if you have a difficult time getting clients?
cheerfuldom 10:57 AM 11-26-2012
unless you have access to at least one well traveled road, the reality of living in the country is that your daycare will suffer. parents dont want to add even more time to their day to take kids out of the way for daycare. they will find someone more convenient.
Willow 10:59 AM 11-26-2012
I do

All of my parents see it as a huge perk as do many others, hence my wait list lol

I'm about 5 miles out of our bitty town (no stop lights or grocery store) 30 minutes away from a decent sized city.
Country Kids 11:03 AM 11-26-2012
I don't but several of my families actually work out in rurual areas. I always thought it would be fun to live in the country but talking to parents here's what I here.

We would take them into town with us for childcare, that way if we have errands/appt./etc., they will already be in town with us. We won't have to go get child then go back into town for everything.
Reply Up