Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How do you store toys when your play area is...
wahmof3 01:23 PM 03-16-2013
your living area as well??

My play area is also my living area and it is so extremely disorganized.

Most of the time the toys are in my basement and rotated.

I have plastic tubes and totes, but it just seems so cluttered.

I was looking for shelving system, but don't want to spend a ton ton of money.

I have looked in the social decor group, but all the pic's look like the play area is its own area.

TIA!
Evansmom 04:58 PM 03-16-2013
I keep all our toys upstairs organized in shelves I got from Target. Worth every penny IMO. I bring down toys or kids come up with me and pick some, not more than 3-4 sets at a time. If they want to switch they have to pick up and take upstairs what they brought down which keeps clutter under control. At the end if the day we pick everything up and I have my living space back .

This saves my sanity and I don't have to live in a daycare playroom all weekend
MissAnn 05:32 PM 03-16-2013
Originally Posted by wahmof3:
your living area as well??

My play area is also my living area and it is so extremely disorganized.

Most of the time the toys are in my basement and rotated.

I have plastic tubes and totes, but it just seems so cluttered.

I was looking for shelving system, but don't want to spend a ton ton of money.

I have looked in the social decor group, but all the pic's look like the play area is its own area.

TIA!
I have shelving along the perimeter of my living room. Each shelf is a center. Each center has containers with material kids can bring to a small rug or table, play with it and then return it. I search for pretty baskets and containers because I am trying to keep it pretty. Oh, but it looks totally preschool anyway!
MamaBearCanada 05:11 AM 03-17-2013
I have some toys in Canvas bins in a cube organizer, some in storage ottomans, some in totes that I keep in another room. We have a playroom but it's joined to the living room which we use for extra space.
Reply Up