Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Think I Am Going To Have To Term A Crying Baby
Memc2001 12:29 PM 09-11-2013
Poor child. 12 months old, never really been away from Mom or Dad. Incessant crying unless I am holding him. Won't nap, either. I have given it 4 weeks but I can't take another migraine and the baby he shares a room with for naps can't sleep!
Mom seems to be understanding and I am trying to make the situation as un-awkward as possible. He needs his mother or someone in a smaller daycare setting who can console him as often as he needs.
MamaBear 12:32 PM 09-11-2013
I had the same situation not too long ago. I had to let him go. His parents told me at the tour that they "accommodate his every need" which was a huge red flag. They must've held him all the time and completely gave into his every need. Because here, he cried ALL day and it just got worse with each day. I had to terminate. I felt bad doing it but the moment he was gone... I was SO much happier. Your sanity is way more important then money. And you need to think of your other daycare children's sanity too. You'll feel such less stress once hes gone.
Memc2001 12:53 PM 09-11-2013
I know it will be much better for everyone involved. Last week he mellowed, but this week everyday has gotten worse. The only reason I have given it this long is that DCM works at our local elementary school with three other DCM's and was a referral of another loyal client. I just didn't want to tick the rest of my clients off but they have all seen him acting this way when they drop off. They are all reasonable ladies so I don't think there will be any issue.

I recommended she look for someone with a smaller group. She also JUST told me on the phone that DCC has been whiney on the weekends when his two older half-brothers go to their Dad's house. No surprise here. Hopefully she will find someone else quick! Can't stand these times!

BTW, you ladies are awesome and love that we all know what the other is going through. I really have no one else to talk to because everyone else thinks I am CRAZY for watching kids all day
melilley 12:59 PM 09-11-2013
I have/had a baby like that. I, on the other hand, stuck through it. My dcb is 13 months now and just stopped crying all day within the last 2 months, and he's been here since he was 6 months! I know it was my fault for not terming, but believe me, it was pure he**! I will never, ever do that to myself again!

Now he is the best little guy, but I will never forget him and his crying and the headaches and being miserable and......
MCC 06:22 PM 09-11-2013
I termed a baby a couple of months ago for excessive screaming. I just could not take it anymore. Mom carried her around all day in a front pack, so unless I was holding her, facing out, she was SCREAMING. It was awful, taking a toll on the other kids, on me, and even on my marriage!

I made the decision to term, and it was like a whole new daycare the first day she wasn't here. Such a relief!

I was very much "this is for her best interest" and even helped them find a nanny. Mom was very understanding, and has recommended me to others since they've left, so she obviously appreciated my honesty.

Best of luck with it, I hope it goes smoothly for you
Scout 07:13 AM 09-12-2013
Before you term, maybe you could try what I did with a 12 mo old this summer. I had to put him in his pnp with toys and leave the room to get him used to being in it. He would fuss, but not scream so I would leave him in there for a good while in the morning. It took a few days but, he did learn that I was not going to rock him to sleep like mom. It worked like a charm for me and now he is an awesome napper!! I also would not hold him all day. I would hold him when he first comes in the morning as we watch tv quietly waiting for the other kids. He would follow me around and cry but, again my NOT picking him up worked! Happy boy most of the time now!
Tags:terminate - screaming
Reply Up