Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Getting Discouraged and Fed Up
Thriftylady 03:12 PM 10-17-2014
So I had planned for a woman to bring me her three kids tonight. We met, discussed everything and and she told me she was bringing the kids at 4:30 to be watched during her oldest son's football game. It was maybe going to work into more. It is after six now, I texted and got no response. What is wrong with people these days? Part of the evening for her kids was I was to feed them dinner. So I have two homemade pizzas and only three of us to eat. Well I kept my grandson thinking he would have someone to play with, but he doesn't I just am wondering if I shouldn't be trying this daycare gig.
Heidi 03:20 PM 10-17-2014
Wow, how rude!
AuntTami 03:42 PM 10-17-2014
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
So I had planned for a woman to bring me her three kids tonight. We met, discussed everything and and she told me she was bringing the kids at 4:30 to be watched during her oldest son's football game. It was maybe going to work into more. It is after six now, I texted and got no response. What is wrong with people these days? Part of the evening for her kids was I was to feed them dinner. So I have two homemade pizzas and only three of us to eat. Well I kept my grandson thinking he would have someone to play with, but he doesn't I just am wondering if I shouldn't be trying this daycare gig.
Keep your chin up. I'm going through h e double hockey sticks right now trying to get my daycare up and running too. Every time I think I have something nailed down, someone falls and busts their mouth open and needs stitches. But, it has to happen eventually. And it WILL happen eventually, for both of us. It just takes patience. Just keep holding on and you'll get the right families eventually. I only have one DCB right now and I have a DCG in limbo, but the DCB I have is absolutely perfect, and the parents are SO great! I need 2 more families just like theirs, they're THAT awesome. So cherish the awesome ones you already have, and hold on tight, because you'll soon have them knocking down your door, I can just feel it! In the words for another poster "my spidey sense is tingling"!
Oh, also, you can ship me some of the extra pizza. I'll gladly take it off of your hands!
Thriftylady 04:03 PM 10-17-2014
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
Keep your chin up. I'm going through h e double hockey sticks right now trying to get my daycare up and running too. Every time I think I have something nailed down, someone falls and busts their mouth open and needs stitches. But, it has to happen eventually. And it WILL happen eventually, for both of us. It just takes patience. Just keep holding on and you'll get the right families eventually. I only have one DCB right now and I have a DCG in limbo, but the DCB I have is absolutely perfect, and the parents are SO great! I need 2 more families just like theirs, they're THAT awesome. So cherish the awesome ones you already have, and hold on tight, because you'll soon have them knocking down your door, I can just feel it! In the words for another poster "my spidey sense is tingling"!
Oh, also, you can ship me some of the extra pizza. I'll gladly take it off of your hands!
I would love to have some to cherish lol. I just don't get it.
Josiegirl 04:05 PM 10-17-2014
I'm sorry. I hate when people do stuff like that. I hope someone treats them the same way they've treated you. They could have at least called to let you know their needs have changed. Very very rude.

I remember a million years ago when I started out....people used me, when they wanted, how they wanted. I thought they were allowed to. Now I'm a business and am not at their mercy.

Had these people met with you? Are they someone you know? You do have to be careful because you can get taken advantage of so easily and people won't give it(or you) a 2nd thought. They only do what works for them.

Oh and leftover pizza makes a great breakfast.
Thriftylady 04:34 PM 10-17-2014
She was here yesterday with two of her children, when she left she said "We will see you tomorrow".
Leigh 08:56 PM 10-17-2014
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
She was here yesterday with two of her children, when she left she said "We will see you tomorrow".
If there is a next time that you agree to care for kids in your off hours, or even drop-ins during your regular hours, have the parents pay in advance. If you don't meet with them in person, let them pay you via paypal or whatever other electronic means works for you. Don't schedule them without advance payment...they'll tend to show up after paying, and if they dont: FREE MONEY.
coolconfidentme 05:37 AM 10-18-2014
Originally Posted by Leigh:
If there is a next time that you agree to care for kids in your off hours, or even drop-ins during your regular hours, have the parents pay in advance. If you don't meet with them in person, let them pay you via paypal or whatever other electronic means works for you. Don't schedule them without advance payment...they'll tend to show up after paying, and if they dont: FREE MONEY.
I guess I'm old school. I wouldn't let there be a next time..., EVER! If she asks I would simply say "You failed to pay your fee for the last scheduled service." The. End.
Thriftylady 06:00 AM 10-18-2014
I don't know that I will ever accept her again. But next time I do drop in, I may require the fee or at least half in advance not a bad idea. At least that would pay for the extra food!
Reply Up