Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Blessing of a Snow Day
nothingwithoutjoy 06:00 AM 01-27-2015
I'm up, I'm dressed, I've been ready to go for an hour...but no one's here. I think it might be a miracle--my first-ever snow day!
butterfly 06:33 AM 01-27-2015
And its at the exact moment that I finish that sentence that someone walks through the door.and its always the one family that already had the day off.

Hoping you get a restful day off!
e.j. 09:39 AM 01-27-2015
I'm enjoying a rare snow day here, too. I sent messages out to everyone yesterday to ask what their plans were and since no one expected to be here today, I even got to sleep in! Felt so good to be able to do that on a weekday! Now we just have to dig out.
Blackcat31 09:41 AM 01-27-2015
Stay warm, stay safe and enjoy the unexpected day off!!
finsup 09:43 AM 01-27-2015
Same here. Everything is closed...and not one call from any of my drop in families. I'm amazed...even my husband's work was closed and they NEVER close for weather. Not a fan of snow but an unexpected day off is great!
Jack Sprat 11:38 AM 01-27-2015
I lived in Boston for 8 years. In all those years and all that snow. I remember one snow day. The "T" was even late running that day. We walked down to a local coffee shop with DD in the backpack. We were shocked that they were open!

Stay warm and safe everyone!! I would hope that all non essential employees stayed home today!
hope 02:01 PM 01-27-2015
We had a snow day here. News said we were getting 3 feet and we got about 6 inches. DH has been at work since 1am last night. So although i had no dcks today, i still had a lot of shoveling to do myself. DD's teacher emailed her homework so I was able to work with her in some peace today.
Reply Up