Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How to start a home daycare with no house :)
Unregistered 08:51 PM 04-06-2015
OKay OKay I know this question really sounds silly but really Right now I live abroad. In a years time I would stay with my family for a little while then I may eventually get my own apartment but honestly I don't have my own house yet to start a business. So I'm thinking okay look to buy a house but i know getting a house isn't very easy and possible cant be accomplished abroad. So I'm kinda stuck right now. haha
Thriftylady 05:09 AM 04-07-2015
I wouldn't even give it much thought until you have a home. You will need far more than just a house. You will need toys, games, furniture, etc. I would get settled first.
Unregistered 05:54 AM 04-07-2015
Maybe you can start buying the equipment that is needed first and saving up money to start up. I know when I opened my family daycare I planned and saved for a year before I even considered opening it up. I bought all the items needed and had it set up way before I even opened.

Best wishes...
Unregistered 06:07 AM 04-07-2015
If you were in the country, I'd say you could at least do some administrative things like there's a licensing class we have to take here and you get your fingerprints done and you take the infant and child CPR/first aid class. And in addity to that, you could take at least 1 or 2 ECE classes. But I don't think you can do much of that out of the country. Maybe take ECE classes? I think the first aid and CPR class might be useless from a place that isn't from the specified group- like Red Cross or something... Good luck!
Rockgirl 06:35 AM 04-07-2015
Maybe online trainings, saving money, planning?
nothingwithoutjoy 10:17 AM 04-07-2015
I'm a writer and a list-maker. I'd make a to-do list of what you can do before finding a house, and what you need to do once you have a house. I'd read all the licensing guidelines. I'd make a list of supplies you'll want to have: a list of things you might find used (with time to spare until you start, you have time to look), and a list of things you'll want to buy new. Make a list of goals for what you want in a house.

You can also do paperwork: make a parent handbook (even if you'll have to tweak things once you know where you'll be, it'll be good to have a solid start), make up any forms you'll want to use, write up any part of a license application that you can do ahead of time (philosophy, for example), design a logo.

Once you figure out where you'll be, it'll be much quicker to get going if you have all the thinking done ahead of time. Then it's just a matter of crossing things off the lists.
Reply Up