Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Advertising Questions( I Need Help) !!!
Crystal'sInfantDaycare 02:40 PM 09-30-2015
Could providers help by letting me know or what websites you use to post availability. I have gone from a small family daycare to a large with a ratio of 12 kids allowed to two providers. But what I have found that is that there are a lot of preschools in my area and all I get is calls for infants. I use Craigslist mostly because they are free; but unfortunately my home town does not allow flyers to be put up anywhere like near parks or sighs to be placed in residential neighborhoods. It is making it difficult for me to keep up a ratio of 12 children so I can afford to run this daycare and have an assistant! Please help! Are there more free website that I don't know about that I can advertise in for the North Bay, California?
spedmommy4 06:02 PM 09-30-2015
I don't know about free websites to post availability but I built my own website to get my name out there.

www.milestonesearlychildhood.com

I used godaddy.com, and I like it. Others on here use wix and a few others I can't remember. I created a free yelp page, a free google page, a yp page, a yahoo page, a kijiji ad, etc. I linked my website to all of them. Many providers in my area have said their phones stopped ringing at the beginning of the school year but I average 6 calls a week and at least 1 web site inquiry. I am really close to full now.

I also registered my url with google, yahoo, bing, and a few other search engines. My website gets a lot of traffic, and it does a great job of selling my program before I ever meet the client. :-)
littletots 11:18 AM 10-01-2015
I advertise free military base has FCC provider list, craigslist, care.com I reply to ads, sitter city free for military. My most results from craigslist. 4 of my 5 dck are from my CL ad. Yeppers and these families are high end.
Unregistered 11:52 AM 10-01-2015
Originally Posted by Crystal'sInfantDaycare:
Could providers help by letting me know or what websites you use to post availability. I have gone from a small family daycare to a large with a ratio of 12 kids allowed to two providers. But what I have found that is that there are a lot of preschools in my area and all I get is calls for infants. I use Craigslist mostly because they are free; but unfortunately my home town does not allow flyers to be put up anywhere like near parks or sighs to be placed in residential neighborhoods. It is making it difficult for me to keep up a ratio of 12 children so I can afford to run this daycare and have an assistant! Please help! Are there more free website that I don't know about that I can advertise in for the North Bay, California?
Join some childcare related facebook groups. Advertise on them if you can. Also, try going door to door with flyers. Hand out candy on Halloween with candy/small book/ or something else and attach business card. Call your childcare resource and referral and let them know you have availability. There is also Weebly. You could make something on weebly. Call your early childhood preschools that offer 3 hour programs and let them know you have openings, if parents are looking. Tom Copeland has a marketing book.
laundrymom 12:16 PM 10-01-2015
Sidewalk chalk!!!!
Seriously.

Miss Laundry Loves Her Daycare children!!! And some hearts and squiggles.

Write on the driveway. Lol. It's not a sign and goes away with water. Be bright. Creative and bold.
Michael 03:52 AM 12-02-2015
Welcome to the forum. You can also list in our Daycare.com Registry: https://daycare.com/php/start_new_signup.php

Here's some more threads on advertising: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=advertising
Unregistered 09:25 AM 12-04-2015
I pay for advertising at care.com -most of my craigslist leads are fraudulent and I worry for my safety when interview time comes. The leads from care.com are relevant - they've seen what ages you have open slots for, your rates - etc. Also, they have to register with care.com to use it, I haven't gotten any fraudulent leads from them and I've gotten a LOT of leads. Also they always come up at the top of the first page with search with most terms like "childcare in Renton" (my hometown.)

Good Luck!
Michelle
Haven 05:11 AM 12-06-2015
Do you have a website of your own? Have you tryed listing you biusness on Google, Bing, or Yahoo? It is free.
Tags:advertising
Reply Up