Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Embraced My Inner BC Today
laundrymom 05:07 PM 10-04-2016
And I surprised myself w my response to a text.
Backstory::
Moms a temp family. I know she can't afford me, and that she's just biding her time on the wait list for assistance. Kid is a doll but momma is full of drama that I won't let dictate my policies.
Anyway:: she brings in partial payment today for next two and a half weeks. Should be three. (My parents pay ahead two weeks plus current so three weeks total. )
I issue receipt, inform that balance is due Friday by noon. She texts::
Can I just pay you $250 the 14?
I say (and here is where the ninja black cat comes in)
Absolutely.
Pay balance due Friday, then you can pay $250 next Friday. Then you can wait two weeks and pay $250 again.
Hours go by.
Text says. "Ok. Thank you"
I don't think that's what she had in mind.
Ariana 05:36 PM 10-04-2016
BC will be proud!
daycare 06:06 PM 10-04-2016
lol that is soooo awesome, feels good right!!

lovemydaycare0912 06:29 PM 10-04-2016
Hahaha Yess!! Karate kick!
Heart12 07:03 AM 10-05-2016

Can we just take a second to acknowledge that awesome title?!
Blackcat31 07:39 AM 10-05-2016
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
And I surprised myself w my response to a text.
Backstory::
Moms a temp family. I know she can't afford me, and that she's just biding her time on the wait list for assistance. Kid is a doll but momma is full of drama that I won't let dictate my policies.
Anyway:: she brings in partial payment today for next two and a half weeks. Should be three. (My parents pay ahead two weeks plus current so three weeks total. )
I issue receipt, inform that balance is due Friday by noon. She texts::
Can I just pay you $250 the 14?
I say (and here is where the ninja black cat comes in)
Absolutely.
Pay balance due Friday, then you can pay $250 next Friday. Then you can wait two weeks and pay $250 again.
Hours go by.
Text says. "Ok. Thank you"
I don't think that's what she had in mind.
It's mind boggling that parents don't view their payment obligation for care services as THE most important payment ever.
It's the 8th wonder of the world...

You can skip a car payment and perhaps lose your car.
But you can still go to work.
You can miss a mortgage payment and perhaps lose your house.
You may stop paying your cell phone payment and perhaps lose your phone service.
You can skip paying your child care provider and perhaps lose your space in care.

I don't know about most employers but I'm pretty sure you can't go to work with your children in tow....

Seems like such a simple concept, yet so few parents understand. ???

NICELY DONE!!!

laundrymom 08:30 AM 10-05-2016
Thanks guys.
I got a BC high Five!!!!

And when I say "I know she can't afford me" I mean, I KNOW she can't possibly be making enough. I have friends in her job. Same pay scale. She assured me she could. So either she has an "alternative revenue system" or an inheritance somewhere.
It's the only reason I signed her. Then after a couple weeks here she talks about trying for assistance, which I can't take because of no landline. So that's why I view as temp.
daycarediva 09:33 AM 10-06-2016
YAY GO YOU!

Everytime someone asks to pay me late I say OH SURE and give them a new total with late fees. All of a sudden it's no big deal.

I agree BC- daycare is FIRST- then house/food. The rest are extras, honestly.

No daycare=no job!
AmyKidsCo 12:44 PM 10-06-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
It's mind boggling that parents don't view their payment obligation for care services as THE most important payment ever.
It's the 8th wonder of the world...

You can skip a car payment and perhaps lose your car.
You can miss a mortgage payment and perhaps lose your house.
You may stop paying your cell phone payment and perhaps lose your phone service.
You can skip paying your child care provider and perhaps lose your space in care.

I don't know about most employers but I'm pretty sure you can't go to work with your children in tow....

Seems like such a simple concept, yet so few parents understand. ???

NICELY DONE!!!
Someone needs to create a meme of this.
Reply Up