Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Craigs Ad!
Breezy 06:35 PM 05-09-2012
Its titled "Can Somebody Please Give Me a Babysitting Job!" No joke.

'm 34 with 3 kids a stay at home mom. I have a daughter who is 11 and a son who is 9 and a 10 month old. I'm asking if anyone out there can please help me out.I'm strugaling to make ends meat and is looking for extra income. I would love to babysitt in my home. Any hrs, days. One day 2 days, wk or even over night. I'm a loving caring person. I would love ur kid like it was my own.WOULD SOME ONE PLEASE HEAR MY CRY FOR HELP AND HELP ME OUT. MAY GOD BE WITH U.CALL ME ANY TIME AT
temom 06:44 PM 05-09-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
Its titled "Can Somebody Please Give Me a Babysitting Job!" No joke.

'm 34 with 3 kids a stay at home mom. I have a daughter who is 11 and a son who is 9 and a 10 month old. I'm asking if anyone out there can please help me out.I'm strugaling to make ends meat and is looking for extra income. I would love to babysitt in my home. Any hrs, days. One day 2 days, wk or even over night. I'm a loving caring person. I would love ur kid like it was my own.WOULD SOME ONE PLEASE HEAR MY CRY FOR HELP AND HELP ME OUT. MAY GOD BE WITH U.CALL ME ANY TIME AT
i am totally lost for words. its sad and disturbing at the same time
saved4always 06:44 PM 05-09-2012
Hmmmmm....a little too desperate sounding for me to leave my child there. But it is good to know that the kids will get "meat".
wdmmom 06:47 PM 05-09-2012
Yes because pulling the guilt-trip card is going to get you somewhere?!

34 years old, 3 kids and struggling to make ends meet. Is it just me or does it sound like this woman doesn't babysit for anyone else and is looking for a handout.

My guess is she wants paid up front too and won't be available after the first day.

If she's smart enough to use Craigslist, she's smart enough to get a J-O-B!!
Breezy 06:53 PM 05-09-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Yes because pulling the guilt-trip card is going to get you somewhere?!

34 years old, 3 kids and struggling to make ends meet. Is it just me or does it sound like this woman doesn't babysit for anyone else and is looking for a handout.

My guess is she wants paid up front too and won't be available after the first day.

If she's smart enough to use Craigslist, she's smart enough to get a J-O-B!!
Make ends MEAT you mean??? Hahahaha
wdmmom 06:55 PM 05-09-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
Make ends MEAT you mean??? Hahahaha
Yes, that's it! What was I thinking?!

I don't know about you but I totally wanna make ends MEAT and MEAT new people too!
MommyofThree 03:59 AM 05-10-2012
I am truly sorry that you women are making fun of someones spelling. I was a bad speller before I went to college and some words I still mispell. Does that make me a bad person or mother. I know the difference between the two meats, meets but untill I attended college I didnt know the difference between their, there or they're. I had learning problems and never finished school and so forth but never have I thought it made me a bad person. Its a shame that you women would do that. I would be more concern about the desparate plea for children. Before you go and make fun of others please ask your self mmmmm am I perfect???? Sorry I know I will get bashed for saying my side but ITS RUDE
Kaddidle Care 04:32 AM 05-10-2012
Yikes! Someone please reply to her and tell her how to use spell check! I'm not seeing her getting too many clients with that ad.
saved4always 05:25 AM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Yes, that's it! What was I thinking?!

I don't know about you but I totally wanna make ends MEAT and MEAT new people too!
You all are making me hungry....lol!
AfterSchoolMom 06:22 AM 05-10-2012
Wow! I feel bad for her. I really hope she's able to find something soon. However, if you have access to a computer and are putting a public ad out, there is NO excuse for spelling like that. Spell check, dictionary websites... it takes five seconds to look something up. It doesn't make her a bad person (no one ever said it did) but it does make her seem unprofessional and as if she wouldn't bother taking the extra time to care about what she's doing, and I'm sure that's not what she intended. I agree that someone should email her and let her know.

I actually did that once - I just couldn't help myself. Everyone is human and we all make occasional spelling or grammar errors, but this person had 25 or more spelling errors in one ad, and I knew that no one in their right mind would reply to something like that. I tried to be as nice and tactful as possible, and she ended up emailing back thanking me profusely.
Hunni Bee 06:27 AM 05-10-2012
"WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE HEAR MY CRY..."

She sounds incredibly stressed and not someone id trust my child with, especially with no other clients.
wdmmom 07:19 AM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by MommyofThree:
I am truly sorry that you women are making fun of someones spelling. I was a bad speller before I went to college and some words I still mispell. Does that make me a bad person or mother. I know the difference between the two meats, meets but untill I attended college I didnt know the difference between their, there or they're. I had learning problems and never finished school and so forth but never have I thought it made me a bad person. Its a shame that you women would do that. I would be more concern about the desparate plea for children. Before you go and make fun of others please ask your self mmmmm am I perfect???? Sorry I know I will get bashed for saying my side but ITS RUDE
It wasn't just the spelling. It was the grammar, punctuation and the desperation.

Regardless of her financial situation, this is a 34 years old woman we are talking about. I'm sure she's had a job before. She needs to figure out that doing daycare probably isn't going to make ends meet for her and she should probably utilize the resources out there to get her on her feet. Job training, food stamps, subsidized housing, going back to school, etc. I'm all for people getting a HAND UP not a HAND OUT and her desperation comes off as a HAND OUT!!!

She should be scouting the Job Service office, not begging for a job on Craigslist.

Hunni Bee nailed it!
Breezy 07:47 AM 05-10-2012
I honestly considered rewriting it for her, but I just can't get past the desperation. Sure she can edit her ad but its still the desperation and the want for a hand out as wdmmom said it! I wouldn't trust her with my kids and her ad basically highlights exactly the kind of person she is. She is looking for what she thinks is the easy way out. She thinks oh, I have 3 kids how hard can it be to add a few more. Not to mention, she is only legally able to care for ONE child in addition to her 3 based on our state laws. So ok, she charges $100/week (or whatever) for that one child and after food, supplies, etc she really isn't making much to make ends meet. It is very sad that she is so desperate there is NO denying that.

And for the record, my dad is a horrible speller. He used to ask me ALL the time how to spell things when I still lived there. Even asked me to edit his resume at one point. Didn't make him any less of a person and there was nothing wrong with that. He works his butt off despite being 59 years old and having 4 or more heart attacks. He does hard labor every day....thats a different story though- us kids are not happy he ignores his doctors and doesn't take it easy!
Reply Up