Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Children With NO Vaccinations!
MarinaVanessa 12:10 PM 09-13-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:

It is like arguing the effectiveness of waste water treatment regulations and tap water purity with your plumber.
I wish parents thought about this in regards to licensing and other state regulations. No sense in arguing it with us, we just have to follow the law.
Unregistered 01:51 PM 08-21-2020
How can anyone get sick if the “vaccinated “ child is vaccinated? That makes no sense especially if staff members and parents are paying attention and taking the requirements to deny children at the door if they are sick . Just like anyone if your child isn’t vaccinated just build their immune systems up . If they do get sick then just heal them as if you would do a vaccinated child .
Cat Herder 01:55 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
How can anyone get sick if the “vaccinated “ child is vaccinated? That makes no sense especially if staff members and parents are paying attention and taking the requirements to deny children at the door if they are sick . Just like anyone if your child isn’t vaccinated just build their immune systems up . If they do get sick then just heal them as if you would do a vaccinated child .
Mutation.

It is a law so a moot point.
Mariposa 06:20 PM 08-21-2020
Another old post revived.
I wonder how the now 10 year old is.

Someone on page 1 also from Wa had a good idea going.
It does mean if there is an outbreak the daycare closes.

I have it list that they are not required but highly recommended, and here MMR is mandated.
But I will not fill out the sheet for them. With corporate companies I had to if they did not, I have filled out hundreds. Then input it on the computer. Done!
Jo123ABC 09:19 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by misol:
The child without the vaccines would be at more risk than you would be. If you and the other children in your care are vaccinated and the vaccines work like they are supposed to work then there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

All my current families happen to be vaccinated I haven't decided where I stand on the issue - I guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it. For those of you who refuse children based on their choice not to vaccinate, be sure that you DO NOT tell them that this is the reason they are being refused/ terminated.

I've started asking during the interview whether their shots are current. I don't do pets or smokers so I also ask them in the interview whether they have either. Sometimes, I don't even have to ask! Those are the worst.
You don't accept families with pets? Interesting! I've never heard of a provider doing that. Do you have allergies? Is it discrimination to ask about smoking? I haven't run into this issue yet so hadn't even thought of it.
Blackcat31 08:52 AM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by Jo123ABC:
You don't accept families with pets? Interesting! I've never heard of a provider doing that. Do you have allergies? Is it discrimination to ask about smoking? I haven't run into this issue yet so hadn't even thought of it.
The only time it is discrimination is if you deny or refuse services because of any condition protected by the ADA.

Of course gender, religion etc as well but smokers are not a protected class so you can refuse care for families that smoke, have pets or simply wear a lot of yellow.. lol!
Unregistered 11:06 PM 09-05-2020
Originally Posted by dave4him:
what monster parents wouldnt help keep their kids as healthy as possible!?!

We have to have vaccines under DHS regulations
Did you know that some of these vaccines were only made because they extracted pieces from aborted babies and used the cells? You’re putting the product of aborted babies into your child. To judge someone because they don’t religiously or personally want to do that isn’t fair.
Unregistered 06:48 AM 09-06-2020
Originally Posted by TGPII:
I heard of this, but what religions do this? Do other parents have the right to know about this?
Doesn't matter. Legally you are not allowed to ask what the religion is. It could be a religion of their own making.
Cat Herder 02:42 PM 09-06-2020
Doesn't matter. Legally you are not allowed to ask what the religion is. It could be a religion of their own making.
And legally I can refuse them service because I don't like the tone of their voice.
Former Teacher 04:12 PM 09-06-2020
And legally I can refuse them service because I don't like the tone of their voice.

Unregistered 09:33 AM 09-14-2020
Mutation.

It is a law so a moot point.
So if a child is vaccinated for a certain virus, and that virus mutates, is that vaccinated child still protected from that mutated virus? Dont they need to develope a new vaccine for the mutation? Just curious.
Cat Herder 09:39 AM 09-14-2020
So if a child is vaccinated for a certain virus, and that virus mutates, is that vaccinated child still protected from that mutated virus? Dont they need to develope a new vaccine for the mutation? Just curious.
Partially. Yes, and their parents generally take them for updated immunizations (boosters) or anti-body testing as needed (think polio/smallpox).

Adults also have their childhood vaccines updated with boosters or antibody testing.

It would not be required as often if more people followed guidelines for herd immunity.
Tags:2010, immunization, immunization exclusion, immunization laws, immunization waivers, vaccinations
1 2
Reply Up