Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Ride On And Push Toys For Grassy Area

I wanted some tips on things that work well for the 2-3 year olds. I wanted to use these on the grassy area of our lawn. I have a few now but they have small wheels and are difficult
To move around for the little ones.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:28 PM

I have these. They go great in grass and other non-paved areas

Last edited by Blackcat31; 10-12-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Blossoms Blooming

I have "Cappy" by Step 2. Looks like a smiling green "worm" wearing a red cap. We have mulch and he even rolls through that. Tough as nails, my now 17 year old son played with him, then my youngest son, now Cappy is in his 6th year of daycare and still going strong after 16 years of use.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

nicer quality baby strollers are fun in the grass. little play push mowers or wheel barrows.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
I have these. They go great in grass and other non-paved areas
How much do these cost?
Old 09-21-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneluckymom View Post
How much do these cost?
I paid $60 each for them from our local farm type store (Like a Mills Fleet Farm) I am sure you can find them all over on-line too.

I know that might seem a bit spendy but honestly I think they are worth it and they really do last.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Preschool Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
I paid $60 each for them from our local farm type store (Like a Mills Fleet Farm) I am sure you can find them all over on-line too.

I know that might seem a bit spendy but honestly I think they are worth it and they really do last.
I like that they peddle.....I am so tired of cozy coupes.

My friend buys scooters.....but I think they are for older kids.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Child Care Provider

Are you looking for push toys or ride ons or both? My 2-3 (which are all my oldest group, lol) LOVE LOVE LOVE boys and girl the lawnmowers and shopping carts! I buy everything second hand about $10 or less each! CL or online and rummage sales or thrift shops. I also have a few plastic big-wheel bikes with a place for a baby doll to ride facing backwards and the wheels don't move so they're fun for young 2 and older, but they still like push toys more. I hope next year we have money to pour some cement around the deck so the kids can "ride" the trikes that have been in the garage all summer, lol.