Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What do I do... if Anything
Ac114 11:27 AM 07-24-2019
This is kind of a vent, kind of needing advice and a lot of just face palming myself.

7:05 into the day and I had a DCM drop off. backstory, she’s a hot mess in every way. Single parent, no filter around her child, bad mouths dad and then repeated by child, puts every Tom dick and Harry before her child and the list goes on. Her daughter is sweet and needs a ton of positive influence and guidance which is why I continue to care DCG.
DCD pulls into my driveway this morning and mom was texting as she was backing out, not paying attention at all, floors the car and slams right into dad in my driveway! So hard that his door was so dented in that he couldn’t even open his door. And she literally said “I’m sorry, I was texting and not paying attention.” I’m just so dumb founded.
I feel guilty and awful because this happened on my property. They exchanged information. She left and my husband talked to DCD and helped him calm down before he left to go to work. I’ve talked to DCD and his wife and apologized profusely. I know it’s not my fault but I feel really bad about the situation. So now I don’t know what to do about DCM, if anything. So do I term her? (She hasn’t technically broken any policies) do I give her a warning? Do I just let them figure it out between them 2 and stay neutral? There are so many scenarios that I have come across in the last 2 years of doing childcare that I would have never thought I would come across. This job and the parents seriously stress me out.
Tags:backover death, car accident, confidentiality, driveway issues
Up