Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>wwyd
momofboys 06:59 PM 12-25-2012
I have a family who is getting ready to have child #2. Child #1 comes to me for ft care but dcm us now on mat leave (although baby has not come yet). I am closed over Christmas until Jan. 2. DCM sent me a msg asking if I would be able to watch child #1 when they go to have the baby so dcm's sister (who will watch child #1 when her sis is delivering) can go to work. We don't know when baby is coming (could be anyday) and i am closed through Jan 2. How do I nicely say no? I love the child but need this time off with family. DcF has known I am closed now for months but I am guessing they think I will make an exception since they are having a baby. How would you say no, sorry!
Scout 07:28 PM 12-25-2012
"I am sorry but, I am not able to commit to watching dcg not knowing when baby is coming & also since I am on vacation, I have made plans with my own family." Simple..I am sure they will understand.
MamaG 04:38 AM 12-26-2012
That pretty much sums it up.
cheerfuldom 05:52 AM 12-26-2012
tell them you will be available after the 2nd. If the baby comes sooner, you are not available. You dont have to go into huge reasons or explanations, just "I am not available". you dont have to provide last minute care to families, no matter their reason for needing it. mom should have had a back up plan ready WAY before this week. not your problem.
momofboys 07:31 AM 12-26-2012
Tks ladies, I needed some motivation to type a nice response and you helped. Have yet to receive a response from dcf but will update when they do.
MamaG 11:00 AM 12-26-2012
Don't you wonder at times with DCF's like that how they survived before you? Sometimes they are more of a child then their children.
Reply Up