Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advertising Idea
cheerfuldom 11:31 AM 07-15-2011
I put out three large signs at busy intersections near my house and got half a dozen responses within two days. I put "In-home daycare has openings" and then a generic email address that is just for the signs, not my regular email. I did the signs on large foam board with wooden stakes into the ground. Its even rained and they are still up!
SimpleMom 11:33 AM 07-15-2011
I have thought about doing this as well at one time. Is it legal to do that? My city said I couldn't do so
MG&Lsmom 11:39 AM 07-15-2011
Originally Posted by SimpleMom:
I have thought about doing this as well at one time. Is it legal to do that? My city said I couldn't do so
I have 2 signs from Vistaprint and I put on in my front garden. I wanted to put one somewhere else and started thinking the same thing. But I see signs for people's lawn and roofing services all over town, why can't I advertise my licensed daycare? I'm still on the fence about putting out my nice sign somewhere it can be stolen or pulled down by police/town services.
cheerfuldom 01:07 PM 07-15-2011
Its not illegal here but I can't advertise in my yard or neighborhood because of my HOA. So the signs are placed right outside the subdivision
MarinaVanessa 01:37 PM 07-15-2011
If I were to get a sign from Vista print etc I would use it on my property only. I'd be too scared to put it elsewhere and risk having it stolen or removed. You can get sign brackets at Lowe's or Home Depot or other home improvement centers for less than $2 and make your own signs at home (or go to the library if they have photoshop) and print your own. I did this and made my own. I printed half a sign on one sheet of cardstock and the other half on another and taped them together and with a coupon for free lamination from lakeshore I laminated my signs and put them out. I still have them somewhere, I should probably pull them out lol. Anyway if you don't want to buy them you can always make your own and print them with color even, much cheaper.
MarinaVanessa 01:38 PM 07-15-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
Its not illegal here but I can't advertise in my yard or neighborhood because of my HOA. So the signs are placed right outside the subdivision
Mine were too! On the grass in front of the sidewalk .
sharlan 09:39 PM 07-15-2011
I don't live in an HOA anymore, but we are not allowed to put signs in our yards or on light posts. The city goes around every week and pulls the signs off. I wanted to put a sign up on our swingset/playhouse and called the city to ask, NOPE.
Kaddidle Care 04:37 AM 07-16-2011
No signs allowed here at least during the week. You could put them up on the weekend so long as you take them down Sunday night.

Check your town ordinance book. Ours is online.
Sugar Magnolia 03:52 PM 07-16-2011
Oh Cheerful...I have to admit I am so jealous! Awesome results for you for an awesome idea! Our city doesn't allow these signs . They will warn you once (yes I found this out the hard way) then they fine you. Its such a bummer. But I applaude your super results!!!!
GotKids 07:42 PM 07-16-2011
have you considered the magnetic signs for your car? You can't get in trouble for those Make sure you put them one when you are going to businesses near your home or school drop offs. I know they have been really helpful to most of the child cares I know that use them.
Abigail 08:50 PM 07-16-2011
How large in inches are the signs all you guys put out on the streets?
Sugar Magnolia 10:47 AM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by GotKids:
have you considered the magnetic signs for your car? You can't get in trouble for those Make sure you put them one when you are going to businesses near your home or school drop offs. I know they have been really helpful to most of the child cares I know that use them.
I have magnets! Love them! Also have my website in lettering on my back window. Its funny, (actually its sad) but believe it or not YES I can get in trouble for all that too!!! My home and center are seperate places. My home has a super militant HOA that doesn't allow "commercial vehicles", so I had to always park in the garage. Well, my garage door opener broke and I have to park outside or lift and lower a 200 lbs door twice a day. So I take my magnets off and back into my driveway so the rear window letters aren't as obvious. Waiting on the violation letter any day now. Sarasota FL has some messed up laws....snooty-ville. Grrrr.
cheerfuldom 10:48 AM 07-18-2011
i have never tried the magnetic signs....do you purchase online or locally?
laundrymom 11:18 AM 07-18-2011
Two words SIDEWALK CHALK. !!!! lol. I write on my driveway, my sidewalk, CHILDCARE OPENINGS. then draw a smiley, flowers, hopscotch, etc. In the street. Lol. The street drawings get attention and they see the driveway. :-). They last a few days then get washed away.
Sugar Magnolia 12:03 PM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
i have never tried the magnetic signs....do you purchase online or locally?
I got mine at the local flea market! Lol! I paid $40 for two. Cheap! And $20 for my website lettering on my rear, and $30 for "now enrolling" banner.
Sugar Magnolia 12:05 PM 07-18-2011
LOL! I meant "rear window" !!!!
Sugar Magnolia 12:10 PM 07-18-2011
I do go to the beach a lot, maybe I should get my rear emblazened with my website too! Now THAT'S marketing!
DaisyMamma 10:37 AM 07-19-2011
I used vistaprint and have site signs up near my house. I just put them up last night. I have high hopes for a good responce!
KatieNK 10:46 AM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
So I take my magnets off
This is actually better for your paint anyway

And for the pp who asked where to get these, try vistaprint or even ebay.
Gigi 12:51 AM 08-31-2011
I actually work as an internet marketer. So here's my two cents, even if there are not internet related

You can try placing your daycare in local google maps, place fliers in your school's bulletin board, or a small ad in your local pedia clinics.
Tags:advertising ideas
Reply Up