Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need help ASAP! Creepy DCD
Provider_Manda 04:01 AM 11-01-2016
I am in need of some advice. I signed up a new dc family last week. So I have not had enough time to really get to know them. Well last friday dcd drops off dcg and waits around for a few then asked if he could use my bathroom. I was the only one here, and I heisted but I showed him where it was. No joke he was in there for at least 20 mins if not longer. I was started to feel very awkward. He finally comes out and lingers longer. Then asked if I knew of any places hiring and then asked what my husband did for a job. And proceeded to linger at least another 10 mins. I just feel so uneasy and Im actually sick to my stomach thinking about it. Any advice? I don't want to jump to any conclusions but it really bothered me.Well he came yesterday with dcm and is creepy as ever. Looked around my living room, picked up my husbands magazine, looked in my son's trick or treat bag, laid in my floor playing with his kid. I mean really?!? I'm sick to my stomach when I see him. I'm praying they move on. They got denied for assistance and keep saying they can't afford it. So please say a prayer they leave. I do not like confrontation, and I'm not bold so that's hard. I know there has to be something is licensing that says he can't linger. Im in Ohio. I just need help ASAP! My husband met him and said he has to go cause he is so weird. My gut feeling over this guy is just not good!!
JackandJill 04:20 AM 11-01-2016
Regardless of licensing, you can set a limit. I let parents know that drop off can be no longer that 5 minutes and pickups are immediate, all info is on their daily sheet.

The next time he starts to linger just say "I just wanted to remind you that drop off time has to be quick, no longer than the few minutes it takes to get dck coat and shoes off."

Good luck!

Edited to add: I always follow my gut instinct. If you don't like them, let them go! The few times I have ignored my instincts, it has never gone well. Terming a few months into care is much worse than doing it right away.
DaveA 04:31 AM 11-01-2016
DCP creeps you out and already starting "I can't pay" stuff in less than a week. I would tell them you don't think they are a good fit for your program and term asap. This doesn't sound like something that's going to improve over time.
childcaremom 04:34 AM 11-01-2016
Term. No reason to continue providing care if you are uncomfortable.

Your gut is telling you something is off. Listen to it.
bklsmum 04:59 AM 11-01-2016
I agree that you should term. Do you have a trial period policy in your handbook?
Provider_Manda 05:30 AM 11-01-2016
Originally Posted by bklsmum:
I agree that you should term. Do you have a trial period policy in your handbook?
Yea 2 weeks.
laundrymom 05:58 AM 11-01-2016
Originally Posted by Provider_Manda:
Yea 2 weeks.

Im sorry dcm, I am terminating our childcare arrangement immediately. We are not a good fit.
Thank you.
Provider.
Boymom 06:02 AM 11-01-2016
I would also term. That is way too creepy and pick-up time is already too stressful as it is, at least for me! Are we allowed to keep pepper spray on us for situations like this?
Provider_Manda 06:08 AM 11-01-2016
So is it wrong to term over text/email or letter in mail? I really don't want them back
laundrymom 06:14 AM 11-01-2016
So is it wrong to term over text/email or letter in mail? I really don't want them back
I would text and let them know that you sent email. Give them a few hours. And then copy email to a text.
JackandJill 06:25 AM 11-01-2016
I would just send an email after pick up, and then send a text asking them to please check their email, and to confirm with you that they have read it. That way you can make sure they get it, and saves you from them showing up in the am without having seen it!

Good luck!
finsup 07:27 AM 11-01-2016
Nope, better in person but his behavior warrants keeping him at a distance. Trust your instincts and what your husband said. It's not worth it
Mike 09:21 AM 11-01-2016
I agree with all the above. Get him out. Text/email is just fine.
daycarediva 10:55 AM 11-01-2016
I would have told them to leave and then terminated care immediately afterwards via email and text.

Always trust your instincts!
Provider_Manda 03:04 PM 11-01-2016
So I had dcm call me, I found them another daycare that is not only closer to them but cheaper! She seemed hesitant at first but said she would call. I told her I felt it would be a better fit. Now if this route don't work I'll have to do a term letter.
Tags:creepy, dcd, nosey
Reply Up