Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Am Doing This....Please Help...FAST
tenderhearts 12:01 PM 10-14-2010
Ok so today I definetly decided that the new dcb needs to leave. I just can't do it. So here's my question. Tomorrow is the last day of the "trial period", would you give them the letter today or tomorrow? I think today. Here's the other question, which letter sounds better.
I'm terminating because he's just not a good fit with my current group, it's just too stressful his behavior with the age group I have, he is the oldest by over a year of one and then 2 + years of the rest. so here's the letters.

Dear ________,
I regret to inform you that I must terminate our Child Care arrangement. ______ continues to have trouble adjusting to being in daycare. This situation creates stress for me as I don’t like seeing my children unhappy and being powerless to do anything about it. I believe that it would be in the best interests of everyone that you find a situation that will work better for your child.

I am giving you one-month notice effective today. _____’s last day will be _______.

Regards,

OR
==============================================================================================

Date

Dear ******X:
As you know, I have specifications in our contract for a two-week trial period. This gives you, as parents, as well as myself, an opportunity to see how your child fits into care here at __________________. I am afraid that after this trial period, I will not be able to continue with our contract. This has been a very difficult decision on my part, as I adore _________, but I am not able to provide him with the level of care he needs, as well as the other children in my care concurrently. I don't think it's the right fit for the current group I have.

I will continue to provide care for ____________ until ___________ so that you may have time to find a provider that will be a better fit for your family. As we are still in the trial period, I will understand if you find care for ____________ sooner than this date. Please let me know if this happens.

In accordance with ____________________ Policies, you are required to pay for my services up to the last day of service stated in the Termination Letter, whether or not your child is present.

It is important to me, as a childcare provider, to provide the same level of care to each individual child that I would provide for my own children. I do not feel this is possible in the current situation. I apologize for any inconvenience, but take these steps out of consideration for what is best for your family as well as mine. I thank you for your time and wish your family all the best.

Respectfully Yours,

Parent Signature ____________________________________ Date _____________

Provider Signature __________________________________ Date

I think the second letter is better but your thoughts????? I've only had to do this like once before and it was a long time ago.

thanks please fast...
kendallina 12:25 PM 10-14-2010
2nd one definitely. good luck!!
MommyMuffin 12:27 PM 10-14-2010
I would choose the first one and take out the part that says, "this situation creates stress for me."
Just leave it the way it is after that. I think it gets the point across without blaming and you sound professional.
MommyMuffin 12:28 PM 10-14-2010
Actually I didnt think about them trying to not pay so then I would go with the second one so that it is clear!!
Live and Learn 12:30 PM 10-14-2010
Take out situation causes stress part.
Change "adore" to "care for".
AfterSchoolMom 12:32 PM 10-14-2010
I agree, the second one is better.
tenderhearts 12:35 PM 10-14-2010
Thanks, actually in my contract if I or they decide to terminate anytime during the 2 weeks they will get reimbursed any days they have payed for. However I didn't feel right just "dumping" them so i was going to give them a week to find care and THANK GOD he wont be here all day next week.

Thanks Ladies.....
Also one other thought I don't like to "discuss" this kind of stuff in front of t he child so at the end of the letter would you say if they want to talk further about the situation to call me?
thanks again, I'm feeling some pressure lifted.
newtodaycare22 12:42 PM 10-14-2010
I like the 2nd also. I am doing the same thing today..so I will celebrate that 'weight lifting off' my shoulders too. Good for us
tenderhearts 12:51 PM 10-14-2010
Good luck to you newtodaycare22, it's nerve wracking isn't it????

So here's the exact letter I typed up, does all this look ok? One other question at the beginning where it says I am unable to provide him with the level of care he needs, does that really fit with this not being the right environment? It makes it sound to me like they are going to think he has other issues???thoughts???
thanks I really appreciate it, I only have like an hour and a half before he's picked up so I need to hurry. thanks

Or should I say I don't feel this is the right environment for him, or a good fit??????

Oct. 14, 2010

Dear******,

As you know, I have specifications in our contract for a two-week trial period. This gives you, as parents, as well as myself, an opportunity to see how your child fits into care here at “******* Daycare”. I am afraid that after this trial period, I will not be able to continue with our contract. This has been a difficult decision on my part, as I care for ****, but I am not able to provide him with the level of care he needs, as well as the other children in my care concurrently.

The trial date ends tomorrow, it is your decision if you would like to bring him or not, if you choose not to bring him you will be reimbursed for this day. However, I am willing to extend providing care for **** until
October 22, 2010 so that you may have time to find a provider that will be a better fit for ****. If you choose to do this you will be required to pay for the full week of care even if you find care sooner.

It is important to me, as a childcare provider, to provide the same level of care to each individual child that I would provide for my own children. I do not feel this is possible in the current situation. I apologize for any inconvenience, but take these steps out of consideration for what is best for Alex as well as for my other children. I thank you for your time and wish your family all the best.

Respectfully Yours,

Parent Signature__________________________Date___________

Provider Signature________________________Date____________
tenderhearts 03:08 PM 10-14-2010
Anyone help with last post, he's going to be here soon. I don't know what to really say, or do I just hand it to him and say if you have further questions call me???? I HATE these kinds of things.
missnikki 03:12 PM 10-14-2010
Sounds good but 1 thing- change 'as well as the other children in my care concurrently' to 'as well as the other children currently in my care '. Otherwise, looks fine, good luck! Crack a nice bottle of wine tonight, you'll deserve it.
missnikki 03:15 PM 10-14-2010
And yes, hand it to parents, saying, "Please read this and let me know if you have any questions about its contents. Thank you, have a nice weekend."

As we always say, don't apologize- you tried, it didn't work, they may be upset but you did your best. There is someone out there that will work out better.
tenderhearts 03:17 PM 10-14-2010
thanks, what do I say when he comes? Just hand him the letter? or do I briefly say anything?
tenderhearts 03:26 PM 10-14-2010
Well let me just say that I am so glad I did this, not only for the boys sake but the dad was an a$$. I only have seen dad twice now other than the initial interview but he seemed a little cocky. Anyways he came in said so how was the day today? I said well it was a little better but we still had some issues, the boy came up he said hey how are you? he said good with a scared look on his face then I said (as I handed him the notice) that I apologize for any inconvenience but I need to give him this, if they need to talk further with me they can call me, he quickly opened it read the first line and said figures, whatever come on lets get out of here, then as he was getting into his truck he was looking up here shaking his head. So I'm really glad now I see why maybe he's a brat. Mom says NOTHING in the morning, it's a quick wave at me and says goodbye to him, literally 1 sec.

So now I'm anticipating the phone call for later.
Former Teacher 03:36 PM 10-14-2010
Keep us posted!

"As The Daycare World Turns" will resume momentarily

tenderhearts 03:40 PM 10-14-2010
I will, our phone doesn't usually ring much well it has rung at least 5x since he left 15 min ago, so I keep thinking he's going to call screamig at me. I wanted so bad to say something when he was rude but unprofessional so I didn't say anything. Here I offer to extend a week so they could find someone which I didn't have to do to only be treated like that. I'm not sure he'll now come tomorrow which is what I'm hoping for but we'll see.....
ninosqueridos 04:58 PM 10-14-2010
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
Mom says NOTHING in the morning, it's a quick wave at me and says goodbye to him, literally 1 sec.

So now I'm anticipating the phone call for later.
The dck I termed had a mom like this - except no wave, no hi, no goodbye EVER. Would just drop off/pick up and leave. On dck's last day, same thing. And never a phone call. Nice. I never regret that decision. Good luck.
tenderhearts 07:06 PM 10-14-2010
I'm really hoping he doesn't show up tomorrow because I really don't want to have to deal with dad again. I'm sure he'll be rude. I wanted to say something sooooo bad, he acted like it was my fault his kid is bad, whatever....
AfterSchoolMom 03:40 AM 10-15-2010
I find that the kids that behave the worst have parents that are the most rude - I wonder where the kids get it from?
tenderhearts 06:25 AM 10-15-2010
Well an update, no call last night so I had no idea if he was coming or not. Get a call at 6:30 this morning, it's mom and she said he wont be coming today YAY!!!!!!!! Talk about a weight lifted. My group will be back to normal again..... She actually was "normal" on the phone, so glad I don't have to deal with or see dad again.
WImom 06:52 AM 10-15-2010
Yay! Have a good peaceful day today.
Lilbutterflie 08:36 AM 10-15-2010
Yay! Have a happy Friday!
DancingQueen 09:00 AM 10-15-2010
Is she taking you up on watching him til 22nd? or is she done done?
Tags:termination letter, tgif
Reply Up