Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CCWWI Courses - Experience?
A CHILD's Haven 07:51 PM 05-08-2019
I just paid and downloaded a scavenger hunt continuing ed course from http://www.ccwwi.org and it is not at all what I expected.
Has anyone else had experience with this or other courses offered? I found it on the registry (WI). Easy (putsy) 4 hours of CE but not useful information or a good use of time.
Michael 08:10 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by A CHILD's Haven:
I just paid and downloaded a scavenger hunt continuing ed course from http://www.ccwwi.org and it is not at all what I expected.
Has anyone else had experience with this or other courses offered? I found it on the registry (WI). Easy (putsy) 4 hours of CE but not useful information or a good use of time.
4 posts in 9 years. Glad to have you.
Hopefully someone will have an answer for you tomorrow.
A CHILD's Haven 08:39 PM 05-08-2019
I was out of daycare for a few years and just opened our new home up to childcare in September. Getting reacquainted with resources like this.
Michael 12:16 AM 05-09-2019
I was out of daycare for a few years and just opened our new home up to childcare in September. Getting reacquainted with resources like this.
Be sure to use our TAG search: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php
Cat Herder 05:44 AM 05-09-2019
Sorry.

Never heard of them, also not on my States list of approved trainers.

Is it approved by your state?
Blackcat31 06:31 AM 05-09-2019
Just looking around their website and I don't know. It doesn't really seem very legit. And if it is, it's grossly out of date. The training course/certificate was "invented" 40 years ago. So much has been learned/changed since then.

It also doesn't really appear to be very professional in my opinion.

Statements like: "IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS YOU CAN APPLY FOR A WAIVER IN YOUR STATE AND MAYBE STILL BE THE DIRECTOR HOWEVER THAT IS SOLELY UP TO YOUR LICENSING DEPARTMENT" come across as if a child wrote/designed their site.

Basically what I got from the site was you can sign up, pay upwards of $500 or more and you can MAYBE still be the director...

I don't know but the one nice thing about QRIS being part of the ECE world now is that finding course work and training that align with your state standards is much easier now.

Personally I would skip this particular place and find something that is more up to date and clearer about whether or not it counts in your state.
A CHILD's Haven 04:55 AM 05-10-2019
Thanks. I found it on our states "theregistry" website where we can find qualified training. Maybe I will try to contact them and see what they say about it.
flying_babyb 08:41 PM 05-10-2019
Thanks. I found it on our states "theregistry" website where we can find qualified training. Maybe I will try to contact them and see what they say about it.
AH! the registry! I love them! They have the best training's. I also use carecourses.com for mine. I recommend the Active or Hyperactive course. I learned so much that I am still using years later. I was in daycare in Wi for almost 10 years.
LostMyMarbles 12:59 PM 05-14-2019
Texas A&M has Free online courses for daycare credit.
Tags:courses, scavenger hunt, training
Reply Up