Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>here we go again/sick again
Auntie'sHouse 05:22 AM 03-19-2013
i know i signed up for this but come onnnnnn....two weeks of blowing noses and kids coughing on me and each other......then two weeks without! now....the same child who started it all is sick again. sneezing every 5 minutes with snot coming out of both nostrils past the chin. the parents say they gave meds but theres no relief!!! Just texted the parents to find out the name of the medicine so i can purchase it and make sure its really given. am i allowed to put a mask on the chikd so that she doesnt make the other kids sick?? Shes 3...
jenn 06:33 AM 03-19-2013
I don't know about the mask, but I agree that the sickness gets tiring. I always seem to have one that keeps something going around at all times. I have never had a group with more "allergies" or more "teeting" issues. It's hard to believe that these children are at my home with coughs/sneezes/snot everywhere, but the minute they leave they are perfectly healthy. Sigh. I send them home when sick, but it only takes a little bit to contaminate everyone and even though the parents have to come get the kid, they still don't get it and send them back just as sick as when they left. Gets old.
Blackcat31 06:41 AM 03-19-2013
When the level of care a child requires due to an illness (or symptom of an illness) requires more care than the provider is able to manage, the child needs to be sent home.

There is no way I would keep them in care. The sanitary reasons alone speak volumes.
Reply Up