Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rotating Toys--Storage
SilverSabre25 07:15 PM 12-15-2010
Where do you store the toys that are rotated out for the time being?

I am in the process of trying to do a MASSIVE paring down of all the toys in the playroom and storage is at a premium--part of why we haven't done much rotating yet. I'm at the point where it MUST be done though, or I'll go insane. I'm going to make do for now with what I can, but I need ideas.
Abigail 09:54 PM 12-15-2010
You should store them in a part of the house or in the garage where you normally don't do anything daycare related. This way you can claim the space!

I have mine in storage in the garage right now, but plan on having most of the things inside because our winters get REALLY bad. I feel bad knowing I have toys in the garage when it's 30-40 below zero. At least I took out all the batteries.....none really need them anyways.
Rachel 12:48 AM 12-16-2010
I keep them in stacked ikea boxes in another room, then I just swap the boxes.
kitkat 06:22 AM 12-16-2010
Originally Posted by Abigail:
You should store them in a part of the house or in the garage where you normally don't do anything daycare related. This way you can claim the space! .
That's where mine are!
Lou 07:17 AM 12-16-2010
I store my toys in labeles rubbermaid totes in the basement. I agree, then I can use the space on my taxes as space used. I rotate new toys up every other day and wash the ones going back down to the basement.
melskids 08:59 AM 12-16-2010
you guys are totally gonna laugh at me.....

we have a HUGE sunk in tub that doesnt work for various reasons. i know, i know....we really should fix it so we can USE it, but.... that where all the daycare stuff is...lol i put up a shelf for small shoebox size stuff, and the rest is all in big rubermaid tubs. my hubby made a corner curtain rod out of pvc, and i hung 3 pretty shower curtains to hide it all. i'm not really a tub soaker anyway, and i actually wanted to rip it out and put a real closet. hubby doesnt want to do that, in case we ever move. new owners would want the tub there not a closet.
Tags:storage, toy storage
Reply Up