Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Outdoor Playground?
Qpmomma 09:40 AM 05-14-2011
My mom and I are starting a daycare facility in Indiana. We think we found a building, but we don't know if we have to have an outdoor playground. Does anyone know about this? We plan on having an indoor playground.
Michael 01:46 PM 05-14-2011
https://www.daycare.com/indiana/indi...uirements.html

On page 33:

(d) The licensee shall provide a protected outdoor play area that is safely enclosed by
either a fence or natural boundaries for children in care.

On Page 70:

470 IAC 3-1.1-38 Activities for healthy development

Activities for Infants and toddler that support health development:

The caregivers shall:

Hold and comfort children who are upset;

Engage in social interchanges such as smiling, talking, touching, singing, and eating;

Be play partners as well as protectors;

Attune to children's feelings and reflect them back.

The home shall provide a safe and clean space, both indoors and outdoors, and colorful material and equipment arranged to support learning.

470 IAC 3-1.1-13 “Protected outdoor play area” defined

Authority: IC 12-13-5-3
Affected: IC 12-17.2

Sec. 13. As used in this rule, “protected outdoor play area” means an area that is safely
enclosed by either a fence or natural boundaries.

wiley27804 04:56 AM 06-18-2011
Your idea of creating indoor playground is really nice. One of my colleague bought some playground for his kids from a company selling playground equipments both indoor and out door.

The website is http://www.aaastateofplay.com/

You can visit the website and select the right one.
Abigail 09:16 PM 06-18-2011
If I had kids I wouldn't want them inside everyday all day until it's time to go home. Indoor is GREAT, especially for the winters we have in North Dakota. You should keep looking or find a way to get the outdoor space, you'll really appreciate it in your career when you can change up the environment and enjoy the birds and sun and fresh air.
Tags:indiana, indoor playground, outdoor activities, playground
Reply Up