Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vacation Question
Lil'DinoEggs 04:00 AM 10-02-2013
I will try to keep this short. I wrote out my vacation starts Wed at 6 pm. I wrote it as such because 1. my family will be arriving at lunchtime 2. the time my usual full time is picked up at 5:45 3. there is an exercise and people were looking for extra duty care which could go as late at 8.

I signed on a new full time. DCP knew about vacation. DCP stated in november, they needed care until 7. I said fine.

My vacation goes un paid.

I just got an email saying DCP schedule changed and pick up needs to be at 7 starting tomorrow.

Here are my options:

You knew about my vacation, so regardless of closing, you have to pay the full price

I will let you use back up care for all of Wed thus I will not charge for Wed

I am leaning towards "full price" because my usual closing time is 6 any way and she was going to pay overtime. I guess I will charge full time, but not overtime. ggrrrr. on a side note: i have been getting some red flags and this is not helping.......
Blackcat31 07:03 AM 10-02-2013
Ok, it might be that it is still early and I am coming off a 10 day vacation myself or it might be that I've only had one cup of coffee this morning, but I am not understanding your post...

So you are on vacation tonight beginning at 6 PM but a DCF is trying to schedule beyond that (until 7PM)?

You also charge more for later pick up?

Sorry.... it's just not clicking for me as I read...
daycaremum 08:07 AM 10-02-2013
I'm not understanding your question either. Your vacation starts on someday at 6pm but a family is asking you to stay open later? And what is the problem with the fees?
slorey 08:30 AM 10-02-2013
I think after rereading it, op is trying to decide if she should charge full price for care even though she is closing an hour earlier than family needs her, or allow family in question to use backup care for the day and not charge. Said family wasn't supposed to need 7 pickup until Nov. Does that sound right?
slorey 08:33 AM 10-02-2013
Or after rereading a third time, op might be asking whether she should charge full price for vacation that is usually not paid? I guess I don't understand either
TwinKristi 09:09 AM 10-02-2013
Add me to the confused people...
Lil'DinoEggs 09:29 PM 10-02-2013
haha sorry to be confusing. I was trying to type, while thinking....I am not a multi tasker.

anyway... so essentially i need to close at 6 one day and dcp says they need care until 7. should i credit them the whole day or just not charge their overtime that they usually pay.

my conclusion was to say they need to pay for the whole day and they will not be charged overtime and pick up needs to be at 6 that day. They said great.

however, more red flags picked up. I don't think they are purposefully being unclear (like myself), but they definitely need their hand held. As we are filling out paperwork they don't understand what I mean by pick up. I then put my hand on the paperwork and say clearly "will B be picked up by 7?" "no that is when we get off work" (HAND TO THE FOREHEAD) so I clearly state that is not ok they will be charged more over time, plus they brought B an hour early...which means B is here 11 hours, which means more over time. "DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" "(shoulder shrug) yes" And yes English is their first language. We will see. I am choosing money over family temporarily because we are so close to our financial goals. If they want to pay me $75 extra week, fine with me....as long as the check clears.....
craftymissbeth 11:37 AM 10-03-2013
I'm still kind of confused...

Are you saying that on the day that you start your vacation you are closing at 6:00 pm. And this particular family usually has care until 7:00 p.m. When they signed up they were told about this. You are questioning whether to give them a credit for the entire day or simply tell them to use their back up day?

Ok.. if that's what you're saying...

I would tell them you cannot provide care until 7:00 p.m. for that day and that they must pick up by 6:00 p.m. I would charge them for the day, but not the overtime they usually are charged for being open until 7:00 p.m. If they aren't ok with it or can't do it I would still charge them for that day (w/o overtime fee) regardless... it would be their choice at that point to have their child attend.

If that was totally wrong then I'm sorry
craftymissbeth 11:38 AM 10-03-2013
and if by Wednesday you were talking about yesterday then just disregard my whole post
Tags:vacation
Reply Up