Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What's Up With This Dad?
Ariana 09:22 AM 12-13-2011
I have a new DCG who started 8 weeks ago. She comes here 3 days a week. At first she loved coming here, was happy to see us etc. Fast forward to now and she cries and is clingy at drop off. Now to all you seasoned DCP's this is usually what happens. Toddlers are not the fondest of DC and they go through phases (part-time care is especially hard on toddlers). She has rules to follow here and at home she rules the roost (she's 18 months and picks her own clothes out in the morning!). She gets bored here easily because she's not very good at playing. She tends to simply stuff toys into things...carts, sinks, farm silo...over and over. I'm not really sure what to do with her.

Anyway the dad now is prolonging drop off because of her clinginess. It all started when she was off sick one day. The next day he brought her and she was in hysterics. He cuddled and cajoled with her until finally I grabbed her out of his arms and told him to leave. Now every single day since it's been the exact same scenario. The dad is making this happen. I feel like every time he comes to the door it's like he doesn't trust me or he's afraid to let her go. It's driving me nuts!! Before when she was happy to be here she'd just run in and wave goodbye and I could tell he felt insulted. I hate it when parents do this. Absolutely nothing is different besides this!!

Anyway how can I address this with him? I hate talking during pick up and drop off because my thoughts are all over the place. Should I even address it at all? I have a policy in my contract that drop offs and picks ups need to be "short and sweet". She's fine labout 3 minutes after he leaves...literally!!
Tags:clingy
Up