Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question About Family Moving From Part Time To Full Time Status
Indoorvoice 11:50 AM 05-01-2015
I have a family who possibly needs to move from part time to full time status as early as next week. I have plenty of room for them to do this so it's not a problem right now, but they aren't sure if it will be next week for sure or when exactly they they will need to switch to full time for good- they just know they will need it eventually in the near future. Dcm asked if I would be available to watch 4 days next week instead of their normal 2 days just in case dcd needs to work full time next week, but she's not sure if they will need it or not. (dcd is supposed to sign a lease for a business today, but they aren't sure if he will or not. His work status is all dependent on when /if he gets this lease signed.) How should I handle this? I don't mind doing it this time, but I don't want her going back and forth between full and part time week to week because my rates are different depending on the number of days they come. I also don't want her to think that is OK to switch the schedule every week just because I have the flexibility and availability right now.
Reply
deliberateliterate 05:22 PM 05-01-2015
I would allow her to add all the extra days she wants at my part time rate. As soon as she is ready to commit to full time, then she would get my reduced full time rate.
Reply
daycare 06:14 PM 05-01-2015
I would require her to sign a full time contract or she is considered drop in on the days that she wants to add.

Here is how I do drop in

if you pay for the drop in days in advance hand in your schedule on friday week before, days are guarantee yours and the rate is lower, $50

If you wait until the day of, i can not guarantee and its $65.00 a day, must pay at drop off in cash only..
Reply
Indoorvoice 07:41 PM 05-01-2015
Originally Posted by deliberateliterate:
I would allow her to add all the extra days she wants at my part time rate. As soon as she is ready to commit to full time, then she would get my reduced full time rate.
Ok I think this is what I had in mind. I just wanted to make sure I was being fair since she was "technically" going full time according to my definition. I felt like needed to charge the party time rate to encourage her to sign a new contract with me and follow all the full time rules.
Reply
Indoorvoice 07:43 PM 05-01-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
I would require her to sign a full time contract or she is considered drop in on the days that she wants to add.

Here is how I do drop in

if you pay for the drop in days in advance hand in your schedule on friday week before, days are guarantee yours and the rate is lower, $50

If you wait until the day of, i can not guarantee and its $65.00 a day, must pay at drop off in cash only..
I thought about charging her the drop in rate too, but I know she would put up a fight about that and I don't have the energy to fight about it since I just want her to switch over to full time as quick as possible. It will make my life so much easier. If she keeps trying to do this though, I will tell her it will be drop in rate.
Reply
daycare 07:55 PM 05-01-2015
So what happens if you fill that full time spot before she does? Does she know that this is a possibility.
Reply
Tags:part time to full time
Reply Up