Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>April Fools
NeedaVaca 11:42 AM 03-31-2016
Anyone doing anything for April Fools for the kids, parents or your own family?
Rockgirl 03:53 PM 03-31-2016
I think I'll hang a sign on my door in the morning that says "You thought I was open today? April Fools! See you Monday!"
NeedaVaca 04:18 PM 03-31-2016
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
I think I'll hang a sign on my door in the morning that says "You thought I was open today? April Fools! See you Monday!"
Funny! I was debating putting a for sale sign in my front yard for the parents. For daycare kids I'm making breakfast for lunch, not really super funny but I have a really young group and they won't get any other jokes.

For my family I am going to set up shortcuts on each of their phones :example when my daughter types mom or my hubby types my name it will automatically convert to Queen of the Universe lol

Last year I got a hold of DH's phone and took a screenshot of the front where all the apps are, moved the apps to the next page and used the screenshot as the wallpaper! He kept pushing the apps and of course nothing happened, it was hilarious! He was muttering and restarting his phone lol, I was like what's wrong honey?
Rockgirl 05:00 PM 03-31-2016
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
Funny! I was debating putting a for sale sign in my front yard for the parents. For daycare kids I'm making breakfast for lunch, not really super funny but I have a really young group and they won't get any other jokes.

For my family I am going to set up shortcuts on each of their phones :example when my daughter types mom or my hubby types my name it will automatically convert to Queen of the Universe lol

Last year I got a hold of DH's phone and took a screenshot of the front where all the apps are, moved the apps to the next page and used the screenshot as the wallpaper! He kept pushing the apps and of course nothing happened, it was hilarious! He was muttering and restarting his phone lol, I was like what's wrong honey?
You're good! I love the phone ideas.
LindseyA 05:57 PM 03-31-2016
Last year I cut out a bunch of capital E's out of brown construction paper (for brownies). I laid them out on a cookie sheet and covered with tin foil. I set them in the oven until after school. When the SA's came home, I made the announcement that I made brownies, & took the covered cookie sheet out of the oven. Everyone liked the joke better when I passed out real brownies after.
childcaremom 06:03 PM 03-31-2016
Originally Posted by LindseyA:
Last year I cut out a bunch of capital E's out of brown construction paper (for brownies). I laid them out on a cookie sheet and covered with tin foil. I set them in the oven until after school. When the SA's came home, I made the announcement that I made brownies, & took the covered cookie sheet out of the oven. Everyone liked the joke better when I passed out real brownies after.
Oh man. I wish my own children had school tomorrow and I could do this. They have the day off so I'll have to try to remember this for next year.
Sunshine74 09:43 PM 03-31-2016
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:

I did this with my director's computer a year or two ago. It was hilarious! One year I put food coloring in the toilet tanks, so when the kids flushed, it turned the water colors. I'm not sure what, if anything, I'm going to do this year.
NightOwl 05:31 AM 04-01-2016
I'm making yellow crime scene tape from one of those bright yellow plastic table cloths. I'm going to string it across my front door so it's the first thing parents see when they come for pick up.
DaveA 06:12 AM 04-01-2016
All I do is grin and not tell DCKs or my kids how much I despise this "Holiday". Sorry but I'm the Ebenezer Scrooge of April Fool's Day.
Second Home 06:17 AM 04-01-2016
My son put orange juice in my coffee this morning . Not funny at all . My daughter hid all the eggs , I have looked everywhere but can not find them . Now I will have to wait until my chickens lay some so I can have breakfast .
laundrymom 06:25 AM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
All I do is grin and not tell DCKs or my kids how much I despise this "Holiday". Sorry but I'm the Ebenezer Scrooge of April Fool's Day.
I have the same idea on it.
I only have four today and they are under 2 and I'm on vaca starting at 4pm for a week. We are totally enjoying a day of silly and crazy.

Using the day as an excuse to be foolish.
e.j. 12:30 PM 04-01-2016
I never do April Fool's pranks, especially for the dc kids because most are too young to get the joke. I hadn't planned on doing anything this year either until I saw an idea on Pinterest and decided to see if I could prank my own family. I printed out templates of a few large insects and cut them out. I taped one of the bugs onto the inside of my dining room curtain, another onto the inside of my kitchen curtain and another on the inside of a lamp shade. With the sun or light shining through them, it does look like there's a big bug climbing on them. I'm just waiting for when my own kids or husband get home to see if there's any reaction. In the meantime, one of my 3 year old dc kids noticed the bug on my dining room curtain, pointed at it and ran away. When I showed her it was just paper, she started to laugh so hopefully she got the joke and doesn't have nightmares tonight!
Mandy 12:38 PM 04-01-2016
Im not sure if this is April fools but I would post random statuses on Facebook with different locations I was in (although I really was not). I remember last year, I put a status that said "I met Santa at the North Pole." I added my location as "North Pole" for that status .

I also remember a memorable April Fools day when my sister and I were kids. We loved the dollar store and one day, we bought toy bugs. They were incredibly life like. We had the brightest idea to put a toy cockroach on the toilet (with the lid closed). Our dad went into the bathroom, and the next thing I heard was dad smacking the toilet lid with a newspaper . After about a minute, he realized it was a toy. He told us he liked the joke but we were not allowed to do it again . Since then, we have not repeated the joke

I usually just celebrate that day as my dog's birthday . He was born on this day seven years ago .
NoMoreJuice! 01:02 PM 04-01-2016
This morning I posted a sign on the door that said "I apologize for the inconvenience, but daycare is closed today for a family emergency. Please text me if you have any questions, otherwise we will be open on Monday." Then I waited in the dark for the confusion to start.

I got all 12 families and my employee, lol!! I was waiting behind the front door listening, and most of them read the note and said "Uh, oh." A few parents arrived at the same time and shared their confusion until I opened the door and let them in on the joke. My husband was downstairs with the kids who arrived while I April-Fooled the parents. It was hilarious to see the relief on their faces when I opened the door!

Then I made spaghetti and meatballs for breakfast and told the kids after we eat lunch, we were going down for nap. They were a little confused until I yelled April Fools! and we went to the park. They pulled funny tricks on me all day (like telling me my shoes were on the wrong feet, then when I looked down they yelled April Fools!) and each other, as long as they were nice tricks.

Then we had breakfast for lunch and went to sleep. It's been such a fun, crazy day! Little things like this really help me love my job even more!
NightOwl 01:35 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by Mandy:
Im not sure if this is April fools but I would post random statuses on Facebook with different locations I was in (although I really was not). I remember last year, I put a status that said "I met Santa at the North Pole." I added my location as "North Pole" for that status .

I also remember a memorable April Fools day when my sister and I were kids. We loved the dollar store and one day, we bought toy bugs. They were incredibly life like. We had the brightest idea to put a toy cockroach on the toilet (with the lid closed). Our dad went into the bathroom, and the next thing I heard was dad smacking the toilet lid with a newspaper . After about a minute, he realized it was a toy. He told us he liked the joke but we were not allowed to do it again . Since then, we have not repeated the joke

I usually just celebrate that day as my dog's birthday . He was born on this day seven years ago .
My dog's birthday is today too! She's 4.
Unregistered 01:53 PM 04-01-2016
I put some food coloring in the restroom tank and in the children milk, this afternoon we are making fake chocolate treats for the parents made of cardboard put in cute bag.

I am trying to find jokes to do this afternoom...maybe toys in their shoes?

They are all 3 and up so is really fun for them.
childcaremom 02:03 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
This morning I posted a sign on the door that said "I apologize for the inconvenience, but daycare is closed today for a family emergency. Please text me if you have any questions, otherwise we will be open on Monday." Then I waited in the dark for the confusion to start.

I got all 12 families and my employee, lol!! I was waiting behind the front door listening, and most of them read the note and said "Uh, oh." A few parents arrived at the same time and shared their confusion until I opened the door and let them in on the joke. My husband was downstairs with the kids who arrived while I April-Fooled the parents. It was hilarious to see the relief on their faces when I opened the door!

Then I made spaghetti and meatballs for breakfast and told the kids after we eat lunch, we were going down for nap. They were a little confused until I yelled April Fools! and we went to the park. They pulled funny tricks on me all day (like telling me my shoes were on the wrong feet, then when I looked down they yelled April Fools!) and each other, as long as they were nice tricks.

Then we had breakfast for lunch and went to sleep. It's been such a fun, crazy day! Little things like this really help me love my job even more!
Sounds like fun!
Unregistered 11:51 PM 04-01-2016
I love the idea of spaghetti for breakfast! Cute! And then nap!
Snowmom 10:32 AM 04-02-2016
For the first time ever, I played.

I put a sign on the front door "closed today" and in small print underneath I wrote "april fools".

Well, one of my dcd's could read it from the driveway (I have no idea how... he must have super power vision) and immediately backed out of the driveway and drove off.

I felt so horrible.

I called up and got his voicemail. I left a message and he ended up coming back 15 minutes later, laughing. But oh man, was my face red.
His wife called me later in the day cracking up asking if her husband was the only one to fall for it (and he was).
Tags:april fools, april fools ideas, april fools!
Reply Up