Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Neat! Does Anyone Do Badges For Adults?
Abigail 07:45 PM 06-07-2011
I was actually just googling receipt books as I'd like to personalize mine a little more than what the retail stores have to offer. I want to have one small book per family so I can keep it all together in their file. I came across this website and saw they offered things for daycare and one was badges. I think it's a great idea to order myself and my fill-in and emergency person a badge to feel special. Does anyone do this?

This is what gave me the idea:
http://www.receipts.com/daycare-pres...-ID-badges.pdf
PitterPatter 07:56 PM 06-07-2011
I don't have those, it's just me but I was thinking that would help a lot if something were to happen while out. Say u passed out from something u would have all your info right there on your neck (if thats how u chose to wear it) U could make them up for each child too.
Abigail 08:30 PM 06-07-2011
I have a badge at my current work (without my photo, just generic with address and name) and I like it. It makes me feel like I have a special job if that is how I should refer to it instead of a stay-at-home worker(which I'll be at stay at home daycare provider).

Besides, when I go out on walks or to the park with kids I don't bring my purse or photo id with me. What good will it be to have all my kids' information but not mine? LOL
daycare 08:38 PM 06-07-2011
any time we go out to a public place (minus the park) I have the kids wear a badge. It does not have thier name on it it says
I belong to XX DC
My teachers name is XX
PH# is -----------

I was told to never put the kids names on shirts or any area in plain sight as a stranger could call them by name and get the kid to come over to them.

I dont have one for me...lol
PitterPatter 08:56 PM 06-07-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
any time we go out to a public place (minus the park) I have the kids wear a badge. It does not have thier name on it it says
I belong to XX DC
My teachers name is XX
PH# is -----------

I was told to never put the kids names on shirts or any area in plain sight as a stranger could call them by name and get the kid to come over to them.

I dont have one for me...lol
This reminds me of those tattoos they had out yrs ago for toddlers that didn't know their numbers and such. U had to order the childs name and phone number maybe something else printed on them and when u went out to parks or festivals even the mall u could put the temporary tattoos on the upper arm or where ever so they could be brought back home when found.

I dont know if they still have them but if so u could put the daycare and phone. Just a thought I had.
SandeeAR 08:14 AM 06-08-2011
Since mine are all littles and my insurance doesn't cover us in the car, no name tags here. However, I do have a Hot Pink sign by my door. It says:

In Case of Emergency Call

Lists my DD and DH and numbers

Then I list a description of the child and name
Then the parents name and phone number

I do this for each child.

That way if anything ever happened to me, their numbers are handy to my DD, DH or emergency personnel. No one would have a clue where to look for my files, but my DD.
heyhun77 11:30 AM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Besides, when I go out on walks or to the park with kids I don't bring my purse or photo id with me. What good will it be to have all my kids' information but not mine? LOL
I have my information in the front of the field trip book that contains all the kids' information. That way it's all there how to contact MY emergency person. It also has the contact information for my backups and nearby neighbors that are cleared to be in my childcare. If something happened the odds are pretty good that SOMEONE would be able to be reached.
heyhun77 11:33 AM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by PitterPatter:
This reminds me of those tattoos they had out yrs ago for toddlers that didn't know their numbers and such. U had to order the childs name and phone number maybe something else printed on them and when u went out to parks or festivals even the mall u could put the temporary tattoos on the upper arm or where ever so they could be brought back home when found.

I dont know if they still have them but if so u could put the daycare and phone. Just a thought I had.
When we are going somewhere more than baseball practice for the preschoolers or the park I usually just write my name and phone number on the back of their hand with a thin permanent marker. It usually only takes a day or so to fade away and then it's right there. I'd love the badges but the breakaway lanyards are so much more expensive AND they come apart so they'd get played with and the name badges would be lost anyway.

Last summer I added my logo and phone number to the backs of our plain red field trip shirts. I just use those now whenever we do more than go to baseball or around the neighborhood. Good advertising and works as a contact number all at the same time.
Tags:badges, employees, receipt books, receipts, safety, statements
Reply Up