Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions>My Favorite Authors( For Us Adults)
Scout 09:05 AM 10-28-2012
I am actually going to steal some me time today while ds naps & go to the library so I jumped onto this board & wanted to share! My favorite authors...
humor-Marion Keyes(she wrote a group of books about one family. each book focuses on a different sister, very funny to read. loved all of them)
Jodi Picolt(loved most of the ones I have read, especially The Pact, My Sisters Keeper, & Sing You Home(note: do not read this one while expecting). I always look for her books.
Emily Giffin....very good books(Something borrowed, Something Blue.) Read them all.

There is a book by Debbie Maccomber, Between Friends, that is a very easy read because it is all written in announcments, journal entries, letters, etc. it follows two friend from birth thru their adult lives(warning I cried EVERY night while reading as it tskes place during Vietnam) but, this book is the one I gave to my grnadma to read(she never did, claimed she didnt like it) & she is an avid reader now

I love to read & just wanted to share my great finds in case any of you ard looking for new reads!
Sunchimes 02:29 PM 10-28-2012
Lisa Wingate. They classify her as a Christian writer, but it is very light Christian-no sexy scenes, but not heavy-handed with religion. Just really good story-telling.

She has either 3 or 4 series. One series, Texas Hill Country is sort of his romance series--but they are so funny!

The Tending Roses series is probably my favorite of the series. I think there are 5 books in the series.

The Daily Texas series are also funny, light romances with real stories.

The most recent are the Blue Sky Hill and Moses Lake series. I haven't read but a couple of them, but I've really enjoyed them.

Her characters aren't all likable, but they are real and people you can connect to from real life.
dave4him 04:28 PM 10-28-2012
Francine Rivers (Always good)
Nicolas Sparks (I love and hate his works)
Daycarelady1979 08:18 PM 10-28-2012
I just found a free Lisa Wingate book on my Nook...yay!
Bookworm 01:37 PM 10-29-2012
Stephen King
James Patterson
Lee Child
Mary Higgins Clark
Laura Lippmann
Robert K. Tanenbaum
Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
Patricia Cornwell
Sunshine74 04:18 PM 10-29-2012
Nora Roberts
Lee Child
Piers Anthony
Nicky Charles (her books are only e-books)

But I will read almost anything I can get my hands on.
Sunchimes 05:05 PM 10-29-2012
Daycarelady, which one did you download? I have one here that I will be happy to send you if you like her. I will register it with bookcrossing.com. We register books and put a unique ID in them, then pass them along to others or leave them in public places for people to find and enjoy. If you want, (no obligation, it's just for fun), you can go there and leave a journal entry so that we can track the book's travels. But, that's just if you want to-you are under no obligation. It's free and private-you don't have to join. Then, (again, only if you want), you can read it and leave it in a public place and the whole process starts again.

Ignoring the whole Bookcrossing thing, I'd be happy to send you the book.
Sunshine74 10:15 PM 10-29-2012
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
Daycarelady, which one did you download? I have one here that I will be happy to send you if you like her. I will register it with bookcrossing.com. We register books and put a unique ID in them, then pass them along to others or leave them in public places for people to find and enjoy. If you want, (no obligation, it's just for fun), you can go there and leave a journal entry so that we can track the book's travels. But, that's just if you want to-you are under no obligation. It's free and private-you don't have to join. Then, (again, only if you want), you can read it and leave it in a public place and the whole process starts again.

Ignoring the whole Bookcrossing thing, I'd be happy to send you the book.
That Bookcrossing thing sounds so interesting. I will have to check out the website.
Sunchimes 05:18 AM 10-30-2012
It is fun! I've been there since 2002, and until a couple of years ago, I maintained a support site for it. It has a great community feel. Besides leaving books, we trade books among ourselves, we do book rings (where a book moves from member to member, then back home.). We fill people's wish list, and we discuss books. Right now, there are 1.4 million members in 132 countries and over 9 million registered books.

Right now, I am running my annual Ornament Exchange. People from US, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan are exchanging ornaments, then I'll post pictures of them on my blog.

If you join, you can use me as a referral. I'm TexasWren. I don't get anything out of it except the fun of knowing I brought in a new member.
AfterSchoolMom 06:57 AM 10-30-2012
I love Marian Keyes as well! Watermelon is one of my favorite books of all time.

I also love Nora Roberts, Anne Rice, Jeanette Walls, Haven Kimmel, and Rebecca Wells (the Yaya Sisterhood books).

I just read The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and really loved that.
Scout 08:19 PM 10-30-2012
I wish she had more books on the Walsh famlyi. Watermelon is one of my hardcoverd that I will not get rid of! Other books I donate without thought!
Reply Up