Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Favorite Wipes?
BrooklynM 12:58 PM 11-20-2013
I wanted to see what everyone's favorite kind of wipes are. Every time I try to switch to a cheaper brand I end up using 2-3 times more wipes than my original favorite BabyGanics Thick N' Kleen Face, Hand & Baby Wipes. I'm hooked like crack but they are expensive. Anyone have any wipes they recommend?
Shell 01:20 PM 11-20-2013
A little on the pricey end, but I like huggies -any kind from regular to sensitive. Huggies is a great company, too if you ever need to contact them about quality issues
Unregistered 01:26 PM 11-20-2013
I LOVE Sams Clubs wipes!!! They are absolutely amazing! I use them all around the house. I started to supply wipes for my daycare kids because I didn't like using any other kind. Especially walmarts brand!!
thetoddlerwhisper 01:26 PM 11-20-2013
i use the family dollar brand of "kidgets" i pay $2 a pack and one is enough to clean spaghetti face or 2 hands after paint and ive never had one tear on me
BrooklynM 01:30 PM 11-20-2013
I should add that I don't use anything with parabens in them. I just checked and even the Huggies natural wipes have parabens. I don't understand why they have to put parabens in everything!
thetoddlerwhisper 01:32 PM 11-20-2013
Originally Posted by BrooklynM:
I should add that I don't use anything with parabens in them. I just checked and even the Huggies natural wipes have parabens. I don't understand why they have to put parabens in everything!
what are parabens?
jenn 01:32 PM 11-20-2013
I use unscented Parents Choice brand from Walmart.
Leigh 02:02 PM 11-20-2013
I second the Parent's Choice unscented. I liked the Pampers when I used a wipes warmer, after that I switched to the Up & Up brand, but after trying the Parent's Choice, those are my favorites. It has been a long time since I used Huggies brand, so I can't comment on those.
jenboo 02:04 PM 11-20-2013
I love pampers sensitive! Not sure if they have parabens. I tried to google it but didn't find anything...i dont even know what they are haha
sharlan 02:14 PM 11-20-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I LOVE Sams Clubs wipes!!! They are absolutely amazing! I use them all around the house. I started to supply wipes for my daycare kids because I didn't like using any other kind. Especially walmarts brand!!
This is what I use.
SunnyDay 02:29 PM 11-20-2013
The Kirkland brand wipes from Costco are the best, hands down.
LaLa1923 02:31 PM 11-20-2013
Originally Posted by SunnyDay:

I ALSO like pampers wipes
Unregistered 02:52 PM 11-20-2013
I'm the one that posted about sams club wipes:

Do you ladies not have issues with the Parents choice wipes? When kids used to have them here they would always stretch a significant amount when I would pull them out and sometimes would even tear. I'm just curious
jenn 04:15 PM 11-20-2013

Do you ladies not have issues with the Parents choice wipes? When kids used to have them here they would always stretch a significant amount when I would pull them out and sometimes would even tear. I'm just curious
I have not had that problem, but then again, I don't really use the containers correctly. I don't leave them in the thin plastic wrappers that they come in. I take them out and put them in a regular hard plastic wipe box. Then, I don't pull them out the little dispenser hole, I just open the box and take out what I need. Not sure why I do that, but I just do.
Blackcat31 04:47 PM 11-20-2013

I HATE Parent's Choice wipes.

I buy the blue re-fill package from Target. I believe they are unscented.

Strong, thick, and comes out of the dispenser like they should.

nothingwithoutjoy 04:53 PM 11-20-2013
I use Seventh Generation Free and Clear, because natural, safe ingredients are my top priority. (I used cloth wipes and homemade solution on my own child, but do use disposable wipes for the other kids.) I find them to be nice and thick and sturdy, too, so I don't use many at a time. I have a very old Huggies wipes box that I just keep refilling, because I like it much better than the Seventh Generation box. I get a deal by buying them by the case from Amazon (subscribe and save).
Cradle2crayons 04:55 PM 11-20-2013
I use parents choice in the purple box, fresh scent.

I've tried them all but these work best. Several different brands I tried removed skin from the special dcg. So PC it is. Her mom changed to that brand too once she discovered they are gentle for the girlies tooshie.
Scout 04:56 PM 11-20-2013
Originally Posted by jenn:
I use unscented Parents Choice brand from Walmart.
me too
Tay 07:04 PM 11-20-2013
Originally Posted by Scout:
me too
I love them too!
Lucy 07:54 PM 11-20-2013
Huggies or Kirkland from Costco. Parents are required to supply. I hate when they get cheapo's.
Lucy 07:56 PM 11-20-2013
Originally Posted by SunnyDay:
... yep, they're pretty much the knock-off of Huggies. But cheaper.
Lucy 07:59 PM 11-20-2013
Originally Posted by athacker:
what are parabens?
I had to look it up... they are chemicals used as preservatives in cosmetics. It says studies proved them NON-toxic, so.. ??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parabens
Leigh 08:12 PM 11-20-2013

I have no issues with them...I like them because they seem sturdier for the bigger kids BM's. I LOVED the Target ones when my little one was younger, because they seem softer and wetter, but as he got older, I started using the Parent's Choice (I still "stock" both Parent's Choice and Up & Up, but probably choose the Parent's Choice 90% of the time).
littlemissmuffet 08:27 PM 11-20-2013
I HATE Parent's Choice... too small, dry and just don't clean a dirty bum well, IMO.

I also dislike Pampers and Huggies - seem too wet and greasy.

The only wipes (and diapers for that matter) that I like are Kirkland!
BrooklynM 09:39 PM 11-20-2013
Originally Posted by Lucy:
I had to look it up... they are chemicals used as preservatives in cosmetics. It says studies proved them NON-toxic, so.. ??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parabens
There is a lot of information about parabens and I encourage everyone to read up on it and make their own decisions. My personal choice for me and my family is to try to avoid products that contain them. My step mother's Oncologist was the one that first educated us on parabens. I pass no judgement on those that use products with parabens, shoot, I did for years and I still find products that I use that I realize have parabens. I'm on my own journey to find the safest products that actually work and don't break the bank!
BrooklynM 09:41 PM 11-20-2013
Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy:
I use Seventh Generation Free and Clear, because natural, safe ingredients are my top priority. (I used cloth wipes and homemade solution on my own child, but do use disposable wipes for the other kids.) I find them to be nice and thick and sturdy, too, so I don't use many at a time. I have a very old Huggies wipes box that I just keep refilling, because I like it much better than the Seventh Generation box. I get a deal by buying them by the case from Amazon (subscribe and save).
I am going to try them and compare them to the Babyganics. I use the Oxo container for my wipes. Love it. It keeps the wipes nice and moist.
Neekie 02:01 AM 11-21-2013
I use Huggies Natural.
Brooksie 05:44 AM 11-21-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

This is what I use. But I use the sensitive. They're almost always on sale and inexpensive.
craftymissbeth 05:58 AM 11-21-2013
I use Huggies One & Done wipes. They're sturdier than a lot of the wipes I've used, but my one gripe is that they are a little drier than normal.
Lianne 06:02 AM 11-21-2013
Kirkland wipes from Costco. Huggies are a second choice but a disappointing one. I abhor Pampers and most other store brand wipes.
KIDZRMYBIZ 06:28 AM 11-21-2013
I think Huggies are by far the nicest, but most undoubtedly the most expensive. Never used the Kirkland's before (Our Costco is clear across town, SAMs is just a mile away). One family uses Huggies, and I only need a refill about every 8-10 weeks. The other 2 bring Up&Up or Parent's Choice, but I need refills of those about every 3 weeks. I tell my dcf's that I can clean a giant poopy mess with just 2 good quality wipes (we providers really are master changers!), but cheaper ones that "roll around on themselves" will take at least 5 or 6.

I LOVE baby wipes! I buy the PC at Wal-Mart myself, but my family uses them for a better clean when using the potty, and to wash our faces at bedtime, or for a quick wipe-up of the sink and counter, so they're great for that.
Cradle2crayons 06:31 AM 11-21-2013
Originally Posted by KIDZRMYBIZ:
I think Huggies are by far the nicest, but most undoubtedly the most expensive. Never used the Kirkland's before (Our Costco is clear across town, SAMs is just a mile away). One family uses Huggies, and I only need a refill about every 8-10 weeks. The other 2 bring Up&Up or Parent's Choice, but I need refills of those about every 3 weeks. I tell my dcf's that I can clean a giant poopy mess with just 2 good quality wipes (we providers really are master changers!), but cheaper ones that "roll around on themselves" will take at least 5 or 6.

I LOVE baby wipes! I buy the PC at Wal-Mart myself, but my family uses them for a better clean when using the potty, and to wash our faces at bedtime, or for a quick wipe-up of the sink and counter, so they're great for that.
Lol I'm a wipe addict too!! They are a fix all. Like super glue and duct tape for us rednecks lol.

I keep a pack of wipes everywhere, even in my truck lol. Husband made fun of me a long time but then I found some in his truck too and I said
LaLa1923 06:37 AM 11-21-2013
I am going to try them and compare them to the Babyganics. I use the Oxo container for my wipes. Love it. It keeps the wipes nice and moist.
Thank you so much!! I've beeen looking for a nice wipes container!! I just ordered mine in pink!
GoodKarma 07:54 AM 11-21-2013
I use the Oxo container for my wipes. Love it. It keeps the wipes nice and moist.
Another vote for Kirkland.
Brooklyn- thank you for mentioning the wipes dispenser. I just ordered one.
Cat Herder 08:29 AM 11-21-2013
Huggies Natural Care, here.

I remember the old deodorant/paraben/baby powder/cancer theory, but the study only had 20 women and was discredited worldwide.

It is said to act like an estrogen, but at 1 million times lower dosage. It is in our natural food supply (fruit juices, blueberries and wine at much higher doses than wipes) and helps prevent the growth of harmful bacteria, fungi and microbes that can do some real damage to someone immune system.

Is there something new that has come out??
melilley 11:58 AM 11-21-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Same here, but sometimes I get the orange package.
I do admit though, that I love Pampers wipes. They are like little washcloths to me.
Tags:favorite - wipes, favorites, wipes
Reply Up