Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Favorite Brand of Diapers
jenboo 11:25 AM 01-27-2014
What is your favorite brand of diaper?
I provide diapers and i love pampers but not the cost
I want to check the price of costco brand diapers.

Today I am trying target brand and not loving them yet. They are really loose in the legs. But... i can get more diapers for half the price of pampers.

What are your favorite?

ps. I HATE huggies so they are a no-go.
melilley 11:36 AM 01-27-2014
I love Target brand! My ds wears them and I haven't had any blow outs yet....and he's 18 mo.!

Is it expensive to supply diapers?
blandino 11:38 AM 01-27-2014
I love the target brand, they fit well (run large), and very rarely leak.
Cradle2crayons 11:42 AM 01-27-2014
I provide diapers and right now I have two different brands. But my experience is it really depends on the size and shape of the child. I've never found one brand that worked great for every baby.

My special dcg wears Huggies in the red pack. She has rashes with some types so we stick to what works. Her little brother wears LUVS and the almost 3 year old not even attempting to potty train dcg wears LUVS. I've never had a leak with LUVS and I love the price.

We don't have a costco so I've never tried those. And we live an hour from target so I don't buy those either.
daycarediva 11:42 AM 01-27-2014
I like gdiapers and supply those. Sometimes pampers if I get a coupon.
melilley 11:44 AM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
I provide diapers and right now I have two different brands. But my experience is it really depends on the size and shape of the child. I've never found one brand that worked great for every baby.

My special dcg wears Huggies in the red pack. She has rashes with some types so we stick to what works. Her little brother wears LUVS and the almost 3 year old not even attempting to potty train dcg wears LUVS. I've never had a leak with LUVS and I love the price.
I used to like LUVS too, but after a while for some reason, the smell got to me. It's weird because I used to love they way the smelled.
blandino 11:50 AM 01-27-2014
I also like the seventh generation brand. I have one DCG who wears them, and we have never had any leaks or issues. My best friend friend them with her son, and didn't like them. So it might be a fit issue...
spinnymarie 12:06 PM 01-27-2014
We're planning to supply diapers when we expand - Luvs, they are awesome especially with the amazon mom discount
I've used them all 18m with my youngest and they're excellent. Also used them on several other babies when we needed one, worked just fine on them too!
I think blow-outs are just... something that happens, and hopefully not often
TwinKristi 12:23 PM 01-27-2014
Wow! I don't know anyone who supplies diapers! I suppose for an increased rate it would make sense! My friend supplies wipes and I have considered that.

I prefer Pampers Cruisers/Swaddlers personally. I've tried every brand out there and cloth, I'm Pampers loyal now.
jenboo 12:24 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
I love Target brand! My ds wears them and I haven't had any blow outs yet....and he's 18 mo.!

Is it expensive to supply diapers?
Right now i have two DCBs in diapers. i use about 6 diapers a day total, unless we have extra pooping.
I change at 9am, 11am (usually dry, so i dont change), 1pm and 3ish. If they are still here around 5pm, i check them but almost always they are still dry.
jenboo 12:26 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by blandino:
I love the target brand, they fit well (run large), and very rarely leak.
ahh, maybe i need to get a smaller size...both boys are in pampers size 4. One has really skinny legs, maybe he needs a 3 in target brand.
jenboo 12:26 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:

We don't have a costco so I've never tried those. And we live an hour from target so I don't buy those either.
maybe i need to try Luvs...for some reason they just turn me off haha. No idea why, I have never used them before.
jenboo 12:30 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
Wow! I don't know anyone who supplies diapers! I suppose for an increased rate it would make sense! My friend supplies wipes and I have considered that.

I prefer Pampers Cruisers/Swaddlers personally. I've tried every brand out there and cloth, I'm Pampers loyal now.

It definitely makes me stand out from other daycares. I charge $175 for 18 months and under, $150 for 19 months until 30 months and $125 for 30 months and up.

Average for a good home daycare in my area is $125-150 a week with parents providing diapers and wipes.
daycarediva 12:47 PM 01-27-2014
I provide them, and my rates reflect it as well. It's also a tax deduction. I have one-two in diapers at a time, so it's not a HUGE expense.
BrooklynM 12:57 PM 01-27-2014
I change close 20 diapers per day. I have 2 (siblings) on Target brand. The 4 month old on Target brand has had several leaks on them, but the older one who is 19 months has never had a leak. The 2 1/2 year old uses Huggies Snug&Dry Plus and they've been great. I have another barely 2 year old that uses Honest diapers and they rock! I love love love them. They hold up so well, I'm not sure how expensive they are but they are fantastic. I have another one that uses Pampers and they seem fine so far.

I supply wipes- my favorite and I did a big test last month are the BabyGanics wipes. I buy them from Amazon. They are thick and really hold up!
CrackerJacks 12:57 PM 01-27-2014
I either go with the Costco brand (that's the only brand of wipes I use) or with the diapers.com brand. BIG fan of diapers.com, super fast delivery (next day) and if you have multiple email address (personal, buisness, husband etc) you can qualify for the free shipping and 10% off.
spud912 01:01 PM 01-27-2014
I always used Luvs with both of my daughters. When they were newborns, I preferred to use Pampers cause Luvs are still too big. The diapered children in my care have used primarily Wal-Mart brand, Luvs, Target brand, Costco brand and Huggies. The Costco brand is very similar to Huggies. I'm not a fan of Huggies....for some reason I've had leakage issues with EVERY child when they wear them. Wal-Mart brand is ok and I do really like the Target brand.

As far as wipes, I love the Costco brand wipes. They are soft, moist and come in the mold-able plastic instead of the hard shell. I did like the Pampers brand (soooo soft) but they are pricey and can smell noxious. They also come in the hard container so they do tend to dry out here in the desert. The Target brand is similar to Costco. The Wal-Mart brand is absolutely horrendous ..... it is dry and very rough!
Blackcat31 01:06 PM 01-27-2014
cloth. I cloth diapers.

ALL waste gets sent home.

I think the brand of diaper is COMPLETELY dependent on the child and "how" they poo.....if ya know what I mean.
blandino 01:10 PM 01-27-2014
I have had the most allergic reactions with Huggies.

I definitely think it is dependent on each child's shape and the positioning in the diaper, if you get my drift. Some brands leak constantly on some kids and never leak on others.
LadyPearl 01:11 PM 01-27-2014
I liked Huggies or Kirkland for my kids. (If you don't like Huggies then you probably won't like Kirkland. To me, they're quite similar.) I used to buy them based on which brand Costco had on sale. We didn't like Luvs or the Walmart brand.
jenboo 01:12 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
cloth. I cloth diapers.

ALL waste gets sent home.

I think the brand of diaper is COMPLETELY dependent on the child and "how" they poo.....if ya know what I mean.
I plan on cloth diapering my own children (once I have them). I am making my own and plan on testing them on my nephew when he is born and starts coming to my dayacre.
jenboo 01:23 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by BrooklynM:
I change close 20 diapers per day. I have 2 (siblings) on Target brand. The 4 month old on Target brand has had several leaks on them, but the older one who is 19 months has never had a leak. The 2 1/2 year old uses Huggies Snug&Dry Plus and they've been great. I have another barely 2 year old that uses Honest diapers and they rock! I love love love them. They hold up so well, I'm not sure how expensive they are but they are fantastic. I have another one that uses Pampers and they seem fine so far.

I supply wipes- my favorite and I did a big test last month are the BabyGanics wipes. I buy them from Amazon. They are thick and really hold up!
I just ordered a trial package of the honest diapers and wipes. I already get their essential bundle from them and love their products.
They are more expensive haha ($80 for about 174 diapers and 4 packs of wipes). But...i am switching over to more chemical free/earth friendly stuff already...maybe ill end up spending more on diapers instead less
Happily_wed 01:44 PM 01-27-2014
I don't supply diapers but I prefer Luvs.
SilverSabre25 02:36 PM 01-27-2014
Target or cloth.

And Target wipes
mountainside13 02:41 PM 01-27-2014
I love Sams club wipes!!! I don't really have a favorite diaper. Just not walmart.
TwinKristi 02:54 PM 01-27-2014
I can't stand Target wipes!! They seem to stretch too much when you pull them out of the package and I end up needing way more than normal.
2grls4us 02:59 PM 01-27-2014
Luvs diapers. Huggies brand wipes. I buy those at Sam's Club and save.
mpb12 04:11 PM 01-27-2014
Too expensive to supply diapers!!! But I do ask parents not to send huggies, if they insist then I do buy pampers or costco diapers and use on the child without telling them. I`m surprised that you supply diapers, I do not supply anything until the child turn 12 months... Then I do include breakfast, snacks and lunch, but that`s all. NO formula, no diapers/wipes or special food. Costco diapers/wipes are very good, too.
missy 05:49 PM 01-27-2014
I was perfectly happy with Luvs and the Walmart brand because they are cheaper--but unfortunately they usually end up causing an awful rash so it's Huggies for me. They ain't cheap but little ones always seem to get rashes from the cheap ones. I always wondered why that is.
KidGrind 05:52 PM 01-27-2014
Depends
jenboo 06:22 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by mpb12:
Too expensive to supply diapers!!! But I do ask parents not to send huggies, if they insist then I do buy pampers or costco diapers and use on the child without telling them. I`m surprised that you supply diapers, I do not supply anything until the child turn 12 months... Then I do include breakfast, snacks and lunch, but that`s all. NO formula, no diapers/wipes or special food. Costco diapers/wipes are very good, too.
I really wanted to stand out
I supply diapers and wipes and homemade baby food. And of course regular food for all the others. Parents provide formula. If they insist on jar food, they can provide that as well.
SSWonders 11:15 PM 01-27-2014
I shop at Costco for my diapering supplies. I get whatever is the better value at the time. That is not always the Kirkland (Costco) brand. However, I have used the Kirkland brand and find them to be equal in quality to Huggies and Pampers. I use their brand of wipes exclusively. I supply all diapering supplies as well as formula. I find that it's less stressful for everyone if I have what I need when I need it.
Scout 04:23 AM 01-28-2014
Ds's tush would break out from pampers, huggies, luvs when he was newborn so I have always used Walmarts Parents Choice. I love them! Only a few times has he woken up in the morning wet and that was becaise he peed an extraordinary amount! I hate luvs! Dcb is on them and I swear they don't hold as much and the tabs rip off every so often!! On my older son I used BJ's brand and those were also good! I am glad I switched to PC though as I can not go to BJ's wothout spending hundreds!
thetoddlerwhisper 04:48 AM 01-28-2014
the luvs brand! and they dont seem to leak like others do
Kelly 09:07 AM 01-28-2014
I provide diapers and usually use LUVS unless I get another brand name on sale. I get them from Amazon which is the best deal I;ve found. Never had a problem with them.
littlemissmuffet 07:05 PM 01-28-2014
For those that don't know... Huggies makes Kirkland dipes.... they are the exact same dipe with a different design.
glensidegirl 06:25 AM 01-29-2014
Luvs are much cheaper I know they have good deals at BJs. Also, surprisingly the CVS store brand of diapers are good too.
mountainside13 07:06 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
For those that don't know... Huggies makes Kirkland dipes.... they are the exact same dipe with a different design.
I didn't know that. I haven't used Kirkland before, maybe it should try them.
blandino 07:06 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by glensidegirl:
Luvs are much cheaper I know they have good deals at BJs. Also, surprisingly the CVS store brand of diapers are good too.
I have a DCG who uses CVS brand, and they never leak and feel sturdy and absorbent.
jenboo 07:27 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
Sounds like kirkland is out for me
I havent used huggies in over a year but every time i had used them, they always get clumpy when peed in. Like hard and clumpy.
Have they changed at all since i last used them?
Tags:brands, diaper issues, diapers, disposable - diapers, huggies, luvs, pampers
Reply Up