Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"I Throw Up 4 Times"
busymomof2 11:59 AM 05-17-2011
Yesterday I broke my toe. To make things worse my daughter out of the blue starts throwing up...no fever no nothing. I thought lunch just didn't agreee with her. Then she did it again and again. I called the parents to warn them that my daughter was sick and to not bring their children if possible. One of the parents brought their son who was coughing and sneezing. After dc dad left, dcb asked why my daughter was in her pjs. He then proceeded to tell me tht he has been vomiting for the past 4 days. REALLY???? His parents never mentioned it or called me. I'm pissed! I know they are both hard working and usually very nice parents. But warn me so that I can isolate him, know to be on the alert, etc. I want to confront them but I am hesitant because I am only down to 2 kids...things are really slow right now and daycares are putting up every day? I am am just so sick and tired of parents not carrying about policy and the health on me and my children as well as the other dc kids.
wdmmom 12:18 PM 05-17-2011
I would ask the parents in person...(they are less liable to lie to your face or able to concoct a quick story). If he was in fact sick and hand them a copy of your illness policy and tell them you don't appreciate not knowing and that their child infected other children.
Live and Learn 12:25 PM 05-17-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
I would ask the parents in person...(they are less liable to lie to your face or able to concoct a quick story). If he was in fact sick and hand them a copy of your illness policy and tell them you don't appreciate not knowing and that their child infected other children.
I would not ASK if you already pretty much know the answer.

Say "lil Johnny mentioned that he threw up several times and I just want to remind you of my sickness policy."
Tags:fever, injury, vomit
Reply Up