Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>B4fiar
sharlan 08:03 PM 10-23-2011
Does anyone use this? Is it worth paying $35 for the manual?
sharlan 07:24 PM 10-24-2011
Anybody?????????
melskids 02:33 AM 10-25-2011
I've never heard of it. What is it?
sharlan 09:17 AM 10-25-2011
FIAR (Five In A Row) is a story based curriculum, from what I am understanding. You spend 5 days reading the same story to the kids and then doing various activities based on that story.

B4FIAR is for the younger kids. It looks like it's a fun curriculum but I want more infor from people who actually do it.
kendallina 09:50 AM 10-25-2011
I've never heard of it either. I do my own curriculum- based off their interests, but often interests develop out of the books we read, so I wanted to check it out.

It looks interesting. It has religious components, which obviously someone could just exclude if they didn't want to use those. Their website has a forum that looks somewhat active, so that might give more info about it. There's also a few people that blog about the activities they do, so it might be worth it to check those out to get a little more info on it, although I can't really seem to find any blogs that are specifically doing the "before FIAR" activities, only the older ones.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...w=1680&bih=823

Looks interesting...possibly something I'll keep in mind if I decide to homeschool my DD. Thanks for sharing, wish I knew something about it to help you out.
sharlan 11:06 AM 10-25-2011
I spent a small fortune on the ABeka curriculum that I have. I like it and we do use it, but I don't love it. I don't want to buy something else to add to it, if I won't like it.
Tags:b4fiar
Reply Up