Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Section In Handbook On Group Care
KIDZRMYBIZ 11:35 AM 10-08-2013
I was thinking of adding a section to my handbook that had a short paragraph about group care. A nicely worded reminder about what group care means...how we follow one schedule that all children conform to, and thinking of things like the type of shoe they wear so they can do things independently, etc., to make life easier for their child (actually, me).

Some of you gals are super fantastic with this stuff! Do you have some wording advice for me?
Cat Herder 12:37 PM 10-08-2013
I sent you mine by PM

You can *Nice* it up to suit your needs.

Mine started much "nicer" but over the years I had to toughen it up to keep it effective. I call it my annual Nasty Gram (says so on the envelopes, the parents laugh but get the message).
MarinaVanessa 12:41 PM 10-08-2013
This is what I have in my policies about group care:

Group Setting
[daycare name] is a group family child care home and does not have sufficient staff or means to provide individualized childcare. Any requests for specialized care out of the normal array of services that we provide must be conducive to group and cannot challenge any other policy in this handbook. Requests for specialized care are also subject to the child care provider’s approval.
Tags:group care, handbook, handbook - group care
Reply Up