Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Still No Kids
kayla 07:02 AM 02-28-2012
yeah its 9 and i still dont have any kids i wish i could just leave i could have been sleeping in. Everyone im supposed to have is scheduled for 7 and 7:30 so i was up then... This really aggrivates me that no one can respect me enough to let me know what there plans are... to lock the door or not???
Blackcat31 07:05 AM 02-28-2012
OMG girl!!!......If I were you, I would go up town.

Bet ya it only takes once for your disrespectful families to "get it" if you aren't there when they decide to finally drop off!

Put a note on your door saying that since everyone is a "no show-no call" for the day, you are closed and running some errands.

Wow! What total disprespect!!
MrsB 07:08 AM 02-28-2012
I would high tail it out of there as fast as you can! Hurry, hurry, get off the forums and leave!!
wahmof3 07:09 AM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
OMG girl!!!......If I were you, I would go up town.

Bet ya it only takes once for your disrespectful families to "get it" if you aren't there when they decide to finally drop off!

Put a note on your door saying that since everyone is a "no show-no call" for the day, you are closed and running some errands.

Wow! What total disprespect!!
I would do this too!!!!

SOOOOOOO DISRESPECTFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!
wahmof3 07:10 AM 02-28-2012
and I would be requiring that services be paid for today as well!!

You were available they didn't call or show!!!
kayla 07:28 AM 02-28-2012
Just as i was getting my stuff ready to leave a family showed up.... i wish people would follow there schedules.... any one else have these problems??? how do you deal??
familyschoolcare 07:33 AM 02-28-2012
Sounds like it is time for a enconvience fee
mema 07:33 AM 02-28-2012
Go grab some coffee somewhere and enjoy a good book!
daycare 07:33 AM 02-28-2012
I used to have a family that would drop off when they felt like it. I got sick of it so I added this to my contract.

Any child that is not dropped off at the contracted hours agreed without advance notification, will risk losing their spot for the day.
GrannyJ 07:37 AM 02-28-2012
I am in the middle of redoing my parent handbook and for sure I am adding this no show clause to it!!! I can't believe how disrespectful parents are! They think just because we work at home we are at there beckon call. I have a dcm that continually forgets to tell me her day off. When she works a saturday she has to take a day off during the week. I know she gets her schedule in advance so why can't she tell me!
Sorry for venting but this one hit the spot!! lol
Blackcat31 07:37 AM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by kayla:
Just as i was getting my stuff ready to leave a family showed up.... i wish people would follow there schedules.... any one else have these problems??? how do you deal??
Honestly, I tell parents that if they do not call or show up within a certain amount of time based on their schedule that I will consider them a no show and I will NOT accept them into care for the day.

No way would I spend all morning waiting for a family to just show uo when they feel like it. If they want to spend a few extra minutes with their child, then call me and make alternate drop off arrangements but I NEVER allow them to just show up whenever.

I suggest that you put something in your contract about this and then as hard as it maybe stick to it.

My handbook says:
"In the event that you are running more than 15 minutes late and will not arrive at your scheduled drop off time, you MUST call and let me know. If you fail to call and notify me of this, your child will not be accepted into care and will be considered absent for the day. I balance scheduling needs of several different families and not communicating your needs effectively will result in loss of space in certain situations."

Not only do I write that in my handbook but I stress it with families so they understand that this is a rule I am very firm with. EVERYONE has a cell phone now days and can easily call to tell me if they are having an unexpected delay. Lack of doing so is completely disrespectful and I have zero tolerance for that.

You simply need to lay down the law and stick to it. Easy to say and tough to do but if you don't, you will continue having these same issues over and over again. YOU have the power to change this.
kayla 07:53 AM 02-28-2012
Thanks blackcat... I think I will have no problem doing so I think I have finally been pushed to my limit. I have been terming people this week, giving warnings and all.... I appreciate the advice and I will be making changes to my contract as well... And thanks to everyone for all advice given I really appreciate it this has been a learning process, and I continue to gain insight from all of you!!
daycare 08:00 AM 02-28-2012
This past october my infamous late family ( who is no longer here) showed up late the day that we were going to the pumpkin patch. It was on the calendar for almost 2 months.

Well she came to drop of about 30 minutes late and we were not here. Oh boy was she mad. I don't allow drop off to occur off the daycare site, so he had to stay home that day....

But this lady did it again and this is why she is no longer here..
littlemissmuffet 09:14 AM 02-28-2012
yeah it 9 and i still dont have any kids i wish i could just leave i could have been sleeping in. Everyone im supposed to have is scheduled for 7 and 7:30 so i was up then... This really aggrivates me that no one can respect me enough to let me know what there plans are... to lock the door or not???
My contract states if you haven't called and are not here by 9:00am I can't (WON'T!) guarantee I'll be here to receive your child. When this happens I leave - I don't do wake up calls, I don't leave any notes on the door. I simply pack my kids up and go. Too bad.

If NONE of my kids showed up, and no parents called by 8:59am - I'd be out the door for the ENTIRE DAY as soon as the clock ticked over to 9:00. Not my problem.
Sooma 09:56 AM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

My handbook says:
"In the event that you are running more than 15 minutes late and will not arrive at your scheduled drop off time, you MUST call and let me know. If you fail to call and notify me of this, your child will not be accepted into care and will be considered absent for the day. I balance scheduling needs of several different families and not communicating your needs effectively will result in loss of space in certain situations."

I would so love to get a peek at your handbook, Blackcat. Everytime you refer to it, I wish I had used similar wording in mine! I have the exact same problem as OP and my handbook is too wishy washy for parents to take it (or me) seriously
Lucy 12:39 PM 02-28-2012
What did you say to them?

Did anyone else end up showing up??
kayla 12:49 PM 02-28-2012
I didnt say anything because I was kinda in shock, Plus I feel like I have to atleast warn her since I have been so leniant up to this point. Also she had not gotten my note about schedule I will be sitting down and talking with her about it tomorrow because her sister is picking up the child today.

And no one else showed up today, so all I had was her son..
Tags:handbook, late arrivals, late policy, parents - disrespect, parents - don't appreciate
Reply Up