Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCB Keeps Pooping On My Floor!!!
KAWISTA9 11:48 AM 10-24-2011
JUST VENTING!!

Well I have had this 2 year old boy for about a month now. He started out a nice young boy. His mother said that he potty trained himself and that he always tells a person when he has to go to the restroom. He did it the first week, but after that he poohs on himself. The first time he actually pulled his pants down and poohed on the floor after his nap. He smiled at me as if I was going to think it was funny but I made him clean it up. He did it twice since then and then again today. I started telling his mother that he needs diapers. She bought some and brought them here. She does not like to put them on him before he comes. She always says, "Oh, I took him to the restroom already, he should have no problems..." I just wait until she leaves and put it on him. I forgot today. Should I require that he always comes in his diaper. He refuses to tell me when he has to go. Then he was upset today because I made him clean it up. He sat there and stared at it. AND I LET HIM!!! I am so angry...
cheerfuldom 11:58 AM 10-24-2011
Require that he be in a diaper or pull ups at all time, including drop off. Let him nap in overalls worn backwards if he is undressing himself during nap. In that case, I would just buy the overalls and put them on him myself for every nap because you will just be in a mess if mom forgets that too. You could also try making him wear a onesie or footed sleeper that he can't get out of. Overalls works here though. i don't make the kids clean up their own messes because I don't give the opportunity for it to happen in the first place.
2ndFamilyDC 12:01 PM 10-24-2011
oh he would be in diaper for sure here. Until I deemed him fully potty trained.
KAWISTA9 12:51 PM 10-24-2011
Thanks!!! I am pretty mad at myself for forgetting to make sure he had on a diaper. It is crazy that his mom really believes that he is potty trained!!
godiva83 12:56 PM 10-24-2011
Does Mum consider having a BM on the floor as being fully potty trained - eww
What is up with some people... They want to rush their little ones so bad and get bragging rights and take this type of behaviour. This is unacceptable and he needs to be back in diapers ASAP
nannyde 01:04 PM 10-24-2011
I wouldn't allow him to clean up poo. It's not a punishment to him in any way. It's something different and unique for him to do so even tho it's gross for you...... to a two year old it's a cool activity because it's unusual. He's most likely loving every minute of your attention and actions when he is "cleaning" it.

It's unsanitary for him to clean poo. It could be something that could get you in a lot of trouble if the parent gets wind of it and turns you in. An investigator would most likely believe it was abuse to make him do it.

He's just not potty trained so he needs to be in diapers. Be firm with the Mom that he must go two full consequtive weeks at your home without any accidents before he can be in undies.
grandmom 02:33 PM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I wouldn't allow him to clean up poo. It's not a punishment to him in any way. It's something different and unique for him to do so even tho it's gross for you...... to a two year old it's a cool activity because it's unusual. He's most likely loving every minute of your attention and actions when he is "cleaning" it.

It's unsanitary for him to clean poo. It could be something that could get you in a lot of trouble if the parent gets wind of it and turns you in. An investigator would most likely believe it was abuse to make him do it.

He's just not potty trained so he needs to be in diapers. Be firm with the Mom that he must go two full consequtive weeks at your home without any accidents before he can be in undies.
Yes, that.
CheekyChick 02:43 PM 10-24-2011
I don't think a 2 year old should clean up their mess. I'm guessing it's against state regulations as well. I would simply put a diaper on him the second he arrived and put his underwear back on for pick up.
KAWISTA9 03:59 PM 10-24-2011
You guys are right. I was so upset because he thinks it is funny that he does it. For a whole week, he told me he needed to go. I do not understand why he doesn't tell me anymore! I surely do not want to get in trouble! I am going to keep him in a diaper from now on. Well actually, I am going to demand that she have him have on a diaper before he gets here. I have too many other kids to remember that he needs to have on a diaper. I do not have this problem with anyone else.
Tags:bad behavior, poop, vent
Reply Up