Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Attendance Ethics
themoorethemerrier 05:22 PM 03-01-2012
How far do you round the time to your favor?

I was keeping within 15 minutes, but I've heard that some providers round to the nearest half or whole hour.

I'm doing February's attendance and billing, and I have to admit rounding to the nearest half hour would make my life entirely easier...
Cat Herder 05:29 PM 03-01-2012
For taxes or subsidy payments?

Honestly, I never even thought about it before..
Country Kids 05:35 PM 03-01-2012
I just input whatever the parents write down. They all write down exactly the time they come in which I do appreciate. But I guess I would round it to the nearest quarter hour if I had to.
themoorethemerrier 05:38 PM 03-01-2012
Subsidy mostly, but you make an excellent point about the tax purposes...

Oooooo... can we claim being on daycare.com as "research"?
nannyde 05:43 PM 03-01-2012
15 minutes either way.
familyschoolcare 05:44 PM 03-01-2012
I round to the nearest 15 min. in both directions, for thigs like cleaning, interviewing all the things that add to my time outside of when children are

here. For the time that Children are here I use the exact time that parents put down some round to the neast 15 min and some do not.
GretasLittleFriends 08:09 PM 03-01-2012
I round to the nearest 15 minute mark. I have it in my contract that I do so. I charge hourly, and I will also round to the nearest $0.25 per my contract. It makes life easier. Though I usually keep track if I round up or down, with both minutes and money, and will alternate so it comes out even in the end.
familyschoolcare 08:42 PM 03-01-2012
Originally Posted by themoorethemerrier:
Subsidy mostly, but you make an excellent point about the tax purposes...

Oooooo... can we claim being on daycare.com as "research"?
yes, Tom said so
Tags:attendance
Reply Up