Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question about potty training a boy
SilverSabre25 05:44 AM 09-29-2011
DCB 2.5 is showing a few signs of being ready to train and his mom is working with him at home. I've tried putting him on the potty a few times--I have one of those toilet seat inserts for the kids.

The question is...well...I really don't want pee to get everywhere, but the particular...design...of his "equipment" leads it to sticking rather straight ahead, at an angle that will not be stopped by the toilet seat.

So...how do I work with him without getting urine everywhere? I've never potty trained a boy!
Cat Herder 05:48 AM 09-29-2011
Have him sit facing the tank (no insert seat) for urinating.

Forward facing (with insert seat) for bm.

Also makes it easy to transition to standing.
MyAngels 06:48 AM 09-29-2011
I've always just taught the boys to aim themselves down into the bowl when sitting or standing.

I wonder if they still make those deflector type things that insert into the training seats? You could try that, if they are still available.
godiva83 06:59 AM 09-29-2011
I also would try facing DCB towards tank - and always tell them to push/ hold their penis down
Cat Herder 07:03 AM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I wonder if they still make those deflector type things that insert into the training seats? You could try that, if they are still available.
I wanted to mention or most recent training said we could no longer use those due to documented injuries to genitals.

Check yours, it seems to be new.
Tags:boys, toilet training, toileting
Reply Up