Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Doozy of a problem DCB
Unregistered 08:58 AM 05-07-2012
I have run a daycare for almost a decade and I've never had a child like the one I have now. He's been with me almost a year and just turned 5. He is not toilet trained, his parents are trained to take him and remind him. Even if I take him every hour he still has accidents. When I noticed this a month into care I suggested there could be an issue. DCPs refused to believe anything could be wrong with their child. He has on average has 5-10 accidents a week with me peeing and pooping in his underwear. He says he doesn't know he has to go and never comes to tell me. I always am the one to notice and initiate asking him to clean himself up and get changed.
Besides that he also has some anxiety issues going on. When he does have an accident he ignores everyone and refuses to participate in any activity even if we are out at a park or children's play center.
He doesnt posses the ability to tell me what is bothering him and often if things do not go his way (example: he has to wait for a turn with a favorite sand toy) he will sit for up to hours by himself ignoring everyone and refusing to move, eat, or communicate at all. I don't try to move him when he is like that because the last time I did he kicked me and tried to hit me.
There is no reasoning with him at all as he'll either ignore me, pee his pants (on purpose) or have a fit.
I am so burnt out from this and dread each day until he starts school. It is so hard dealing with this behaviour. I think he has a pretty serious anxiety issue and a bladder problem. Parents seem to want him to get help but are still think "he's fine". I would love to term and just be done with it. Parents would have a very hard time finding anyone to take him for such a short time and I do feel guilty even though he acts like this with his parents too.
Up