Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tips on Caring for Twins?!
Lovisa 03:26 PM 09-19-2018
Any tips on caring for twins? I'm thinking about 11 months ahead on this one but I'd love to hear from other providers how things went and any awesome tips that will make the transition easier, especially since I have kids ranging from 2 months to 3 years. Thanks!
storybookending 03:48 PM 09-19-2018
What age? Newborns?
Lovisa 04:02 PM 09-19-2018
The twins will be between 2 and 3 months. I will also have a 11 month old and two 3 year olds lol.
Josiegirl 04:11 PM 09-19-2018
Make sure you eat your Wheaties for breakfast every morning?
I just stopped caring for a set of twins but they didn't start until they were about a year, and they just left to go to preschool at 4 this year. So I'm no help with twin infants. They are the only set of twins I've ever had and while they were sweet and adorable when they were little, it became more difficult as they got to be 3 and 4. Course so much depends on what the parents are like too.
Be very organized.
storybookending 05:07 PM 09-19-2018
I have never cared for twins in daycare but I have twin nephews. I have had two small infants at the same time before though. What worked for the parents was to have them on the same schedule. Honestly my advice for daycare is to have them on opposite schedules. Honestly when I have two little ones I like to keep them opposite so that they didn’t want to be fed at the same time as we must hold the bottles until they can do it on their own in my state. It was my goal to only have one awake at a time if at all possible.
flying_babyb 05:56 PM 09-19-2018
ah twins! been there done that! They were on the same scheduled too. I know we used a boppy, one baby on each, to feed them most days (not enough hands). eventually we had retrained them where one would eat as soon as she came in, then go to nap. the other would come in sleeping and nap till after the other twin was fed. We used the swing alot too.
Michael 12:43 AM 09-20-2018
More threads on Twins: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=twins
Lovisa 05:50 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Michael:
More threads on Twins: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=twins

Thanks! For some reason, when I'm on my phone and not on my PC, I cannot do a search for previous topics. It won't even let me type a word to search for. Frustrating!
Cat Herder 06:11 AM 09-20-2018
I have a few sets. IME, they were nicer to one another than other sibling sets. To me, they are easier.
LittleExplorers 07:17 AM 09-20-2018
I love twins! I also try to line up infants close in age so they grow together. With that said, I have had pretty easy babies and parents who are on board with ALL safe sleep practices at home. Some days have their moments, but overall it works for me.
Tin Blues 08:04 AM 09-20-2018
I’ve had 2 babies close in age before and I put them on the same schedule for eating and sleeping.
Lovisa 09:38 AM 09-20-2018
Thanks everyone! So, I will definitely eat my Wheaties lol and just try to be organized! I guess my biggest concern is how I will manage to get the older kiddos outside enough every day since that is their FAVORITE thing. If I have 3 infants and they start crying or whatever, needing to bring angry toddlers back inside when they are having fun might be difficult lol. Just the logistics of what I will do with 3 babies while the kids play is baffling my mind, but I'm sure I will figure it out!
LittleExplorers 11:09 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Lovisa:
Thanks everyone! So, I will definitely eat my Wheaties lol and just try to be organized! I guess my biggest concern is how I will manage to get the older kiddos outside enough every day since that is their FAVORITE thing. If I have 3 infants and they start crying or whatever, needing to bring angry toddlers back inside when they are having fun might be difficult lol. Just the logistics of what I will do with 3 babies while the kids play is baffling my mind, but I'm sure I will figure it out!
My tiny ones like to be outside in strollers as long as they are awake. I also have a play yard with sun canopy. In nice weather I keep outdoor mini cribs as we have to go in if they fall asleep unless we have a crib or pack and play. I bring bottles and means to wash hands out. You will find a groove that works for you.
Blackcat31 11:44 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by LittleExplorers:
My tiny ones like to be outside in strollers as long as they are awake. I also have a play yard with sun canopy. In nice weather I keep outdoor mini cribs as we have to go in if they fall asleep unless we have a crib or pack and play. I bring bottles and means to wash hands out. You will find a groove that works for you.
You can use carriers or wraps and hold a sleeping baby
LittleExplorers 11:46 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You can use carriers or wraps and hold a sleeping baby
Yes! I do this all the time when I only have one tiny one.
Lovisa 12:03 PM 09-20-2018
Yes! I do this all the time when I only have one tiny one.
I wore my daughter a LOT when she was little. Had several different carriers. I have a friend who wore her twins. Maybe I'll contact her. 3 babies though? I don't think I can do that lol

Stroller is a good idea. I thought about pack n plays outside but it seems tedious setting them up and taking them down daily.
LittleExplorers 01:39 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Lovisa:
Stroller is a good idea. I thought about pack n plays outside but it seems tedious setting them up and taking them down daily.
We have an outdoor shed so I just tuck them in there. It is kind of a pain but we love our outside time so it was worth it.
Lovisa 01:52 PM 09-20-2018
We have an outdoor shed so I just tuck them in there. It is kind of a pain but we love our outside time so it was worth it.
I would worry about black widows here, especially in a shed. We get a lot of them around in dark places. :/
Tags:twins
Reply Up