Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Frustrated And Want To Quit!
Unregistered 12:45 PM 03-21-2017
I work in a center. When I began working we had a full staff and substitutes. Now most of the original staff have left, we are short one teacher, the director has to fill in just to make ends meet ratio wise. Getting any time off requires a lot of schedule juggling and if the timing isn't perfect it won't happen. I'm trying to be patient but I'm a single parent and while I have help, my first priority is my child. If this were the situation when I applied I would not have taken the job. I don't want to leave them in a tough spot but I don't know how much longer I can work this way.
daycarediva 12:50 PM 03-21-2017
Have you approached the director and asked her when they plan to hire new employees?
Lil_Diddle 01:05 PM 03-21-2017
Welcome to daycare, a job with one of the highest turnover rates. If you like what you do just be patient. And maybe just casually ask the director. My guess is she is just as stressed, probably more.
daycare 01:14 PM 03-21-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I work in a center. When I began working we had a full staff and substitutes. Now most of the original staff have left, we are short one teacher, the director has to fill in just to make ends meet ratio wise. Getting any time off requires a lot of schedule juggling and if the timing isn't perfect it won't happen. I'm trying to be patient but I'm a single parent and while I have help, my first priority is my child. If this were the situation when I applied I would not have taken the job. I don't want to leave them in a tough spot but I don't know how much longer I can work this way.
It't nice that you are worried about them, but you need to worry about you. Your family has to come first.
Unregistered 01:28 PM 03-21-2017
We've gotten applications but the director hasn't liked any of them. It took her three months to fill a position the last time. I'm sure she is stressed too but she has the ability to hire someone. She will not get anyone in in 2 weeks so if I put in my two weeks they couldn't operate.
daycare 01:37 PM 03-21-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
We've gotten applications but the director hasn't liked any of them. It took her three months to fill a position the last time. I'm sure she is stressed too but she has the ability to hire someone. She will not get anyone in in 2 weeks so if I put in my two weeks they couldn't operate.
but that is not your problem to worry about. You put in your two weeks and you are done. anything that happens after that is on them and no fault of yours.
Controlled Chaos 03:06 PM 03-21-2017
Originally Posted by daycare:
but that is not your problem to worry about. You put in your two weeks and you are done. anything that happens after that is on them and no fault of yours.

Mike 04:14 PM 03-21-2017
If you want to get out, give 2 weeks notice and they will find someone.
Ariana 05:25 PM 03-21-2017
Originally Posted by daycare:
It't nice that you are worried about them, but you need to worry about you. Your family has to come first.
Absolutely this! I wouldn't be worrying about anybody but myself.
Reply Up