Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Termination Question
cherryhill 11:12 AM 10-15-2010
So I watch this 21 month old dcg and I have been watching since Jan. I feel weird trying to term her now that she has been with me so long. I think she is just causing me to stress out and now the other kids do not want to play with her because they are scared they will be bitten or hit. She will yell if anyone comes near her, if she see another kid playing with a toy or sitting in a chair she wants to sit in she will try to push them out. She is just getting worst the older she gets. I am afraid she is really going to hurt someone someday. I am starting to isolate her from the other kids she takes naps at different times so that she can play by herself. I feel bad for the parents I hate to put anyone in a situation of trying to find another daycare.

Oh at nap time she screams as if someone is beating her the screams make me a little shaky and stress me out even though I know she is not hurt or being hurt it is crazy... anyone who hears her screeching will probably think I am abusing her. Lets just say I have nice neighbors or thick wallls. I do not get her any more I just let her yell, but believe me she can do it for a long time.

I have been watching kid for over a year so this will be my first term if I could ever work up the nerve.

How would you guys handle the situation
Live and Learn 02:04 PM 10-15-2010
have you spoken to the parents at all about the biting and hitting?
Not wanting to share is normal for this age but the biting and hitting are NEVER tolerated here.....if they know that this has been ongoing for months I don't think that they will be surprised if you term.
cherryhill 03:30 PM 10-15-2010
Hello,
Yes I have spoken to the mom a numerous amount of times about the biting and hitting, her response is that she doesn't do it at home.
Tags:termination
Reply Up