Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sleeping Mats?
Jenniferdawn 11:55 AM 09-20-2011
What do you use for mats for the children to sleep on? Did you buy a specific mat for this purpose, or is putting a blanket on the ground good enough? If you did buy them, where and what do they go for? Also, am I allowed to put the kids down for a nap on our beds if it is in an approved room and if I lay a clean sheet on top for them?
Cat Herder 12:01 PM 09-20-2011
I use 2 inch Kindermats with slip-on Kindermat Sheets and travel pillows for DCK's 12mths and up.

I use individual Pack-n-Plays for Birth to 12 months.

As far as where to lay them, the regs vary too much to be able to recommend anything.

We have to be in the same room.
AnythingsPossible 12:15 PM 09-20-2011
For many, many years, I used just a blanket or towel on the ground for them to sleep on. Last spring I purchased nap cots off of ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Daycare-Na...item3a699e2eca
I love them and wish I would have bought them sooner.
Holladee 12:30 PM 09-20-2011
I have nap mats from Safety 1st. They were a good price - only 10 a piece if I remember correctly, but you get what you pay for. They are a decent thickness and the kids don't seem to mind them, but I'm not sure how long they will last.

The kids roll off of them almost everyday anyway!
SilverSabre25 12:30 PM 09-20-2011
I use Angeles napping cots that I got from Discount School Supply. I love them and so do the dcks.
beachgrl 12:34 PM 09-20-2011
I use pack and plays for 12-15 months and younger and the folding kindermats for the others. I have crib sheets I use on them and store them in the triple drawer plastic storage containers.
littlemommy 12:59 PM 09-20-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I use 2 inch Kindermats with slip-on Kindermat Sheets and travel pillows for DCK's 12mths and up.

I use individual Pack-n-Plays for Birth to 12 months.

As far as where to lay them, the regs vary too much to be able to recommend anything.

We have to be in the same room.
How do you transition a 12 month old to a mat? I have a 12 month old now that I don't dare even try to put on a mat. He would instantly crawl away. He's not a very good napper, either. He's the type that needs to be in a room by himself, without being able to see anyone else. That's the only way I can get him to nap here.

I hope within the next few months he'll be able to move to a mat in the living room with everyone else. He is on the main floor so I can hear him at all times and check on him often.
Unregistered 01:14 PM 09-20-2011
I ordered mats on line. They also sell all kinds of diffrent ones on ebay. In Nevada they have to be wipeable/washable. Your state regs shoulds be able to tell you if you can use your beds but Im guessing not.
Unregistered 01:17 PM 09-20-2011
In Nevada we cant lay them on a mat until there 18 months. 12 mos old seems so young to me.
momofsix 02:09 PM 09-20-2011
Mine all have their own sleeping bag that they lie on top of with a light blanket to go over them. Works out great for us, and easy to store w/out taking up a lot of space.
Cat Herder 02:13 PM 09-20-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
In Nevada we cant lay them on a mat until there 18 months. 12 mos old seems so young to me.
Here that is the norm.

We also must be in one room.
Tags:mats, sleeping bag
Reply Up