Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Hurt My Back
SquirrellyMama 11:18 AM 07-03-2012
I'm not used to having a 2 year old in the house anymore and I hurt my back picking her up. I'm so glad my kids are a bit older now (7, 9 and 11). My 11 yr old has been able to lift 2 yr old up into her chair for lunch and we decided to forgo the pack n play and just put the pad on the floor for nap time.

The chiro had my back feeling better last night but I guess my bones moved again.

I have to get back into the swing of things after a 6 year hiatus.

Kelly
Lilbutterflie 11:31 AM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by SquirrellyMama:
I'm not used to having a 2 year old in the house anymore and I hurt my back picking her up. I'm so glad my kids are a bit older now (7, 9 and 11). My 11 yr old has been able to lift 2 yr old up into her chair for lunch and we decided to forgo the pack n play and just put the pad on the floor for nap time.

The chiro had my back feeling better last night but I guess my bones moved again.

Kelly
I know what you mean! Two year olds are on the verge of being to heavy to hold and pick up; yet they are still "babies" in the sense that they can't get themselves up/into/out of things yet. Sounds like you have it covered now, though with your 11yo able to lift and transitioning to a nap mat.
LittleCrawfishCC 11:36 AM 07-03-2012
hoPe you start feeling better. I have been working with plantar fasciitis, so I know your pain! I can barley walk ugh!
mema 12:24 PM 07-03-2012
Ice and Advil-that's how I've been getting thru my back pain. My chiropractor has been out since the beginning of June and won't return until the end of July maybe, so I've been holding off on finding another. Take it easy!
cheerfuldom 01:35 PM 07-03-2012
hope you feel better soon! you really have to encourage as much independence as possible from the kids. I like having booster seats on the chairs because the big kids can climb into them and thats less lifting for me!
Mary Poppins 01:42 PM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by SquirrellyMama:

Kelly
Hugs! I strained my back a few weeks ago playing "helicopter" with one of the kids and it was a wake up call, for sure. I learned a) not to do that again and b) I am getting old!
Countrygal 06:24 AM 07-04-2012
It seems to be the week for people to throw out their backs! I've thrown mine out twice in the last 10 days (I'm trying to get my daycare resituated and didin't wait long enough for it to heal the first time. This time I had to cancel a day of daycare because I couldn't move.

My girlfriend called this morning and said she couldn't come over because she threw out HER back!!!

At least we all are in good company...... we don't have to suffer alone.
SquirrellyMama 10:52 AM 07-04-2012
I'm feeling a bit better today but it may be a multiple chiropractor trip this month.
Reply Up